The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Under no circumstances do I want ever see anyone like John Howard as our prime-minister again

Under no circumstances do I want ever see anyone like John Howard as our prime-minister again

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
It funny how so many of you are in full support of survival of the fittest when it comes to small business.

Fair enough I guess, after all, if you don't have what it takes to be that survivor, tish happens.

It's just a pity bosses of these small businesses can't apply the same standards to their workforce, isn't it!

We just don't have that level playing field.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 4 January 2012 10:22:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know that middle class income increased more under Howard because they were given the vast bulk of his tax cut largesse.
The poor were made to feel wealthy by flooding them with cheap credit.

I neglected to include our involvement in two unwinnable wars as well as the selling of public assets on his score card.

Economically he left us only $20 billion left out of a $300 billion resources boom plus a dud railway line as the only tangible public asset after his vote-buying spending.

Despite all these figures and opinions and without going into detail, I count myself as one of the victims of his term in office, with my own long-term career plans plus the ambitions of my immediate family trashed in the wake of his policies.
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 4 January 2012 2:02:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am with you Wobbles,
Honest John was a misnomer, he, like most pollies bent the truth, sometimes by omission of the facts.What we needed in his incumbency was a modern day Robin Hood, stealing from the rich, and giving it to the poor.
Cheers,
Noisy Scrub Bird.
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Wednesday, 4 January 2012 3:23:53 PM
Noisy, that robin hood thing already happens. Why else do you think the poor get handed all the freebies, it's because the rich don't.

Look out if the rich get a gut full of that system, then you will really know about the cost of living.

In this country one can have all the kids they want, cause someone else will foot the bill.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 4 January 2012 6:58:30 PM
NSB good to see you active again have a great new year and stay please.
Rechtub is a mate of mine, no true, I am no believer in God any of them.
But from them great Wisdom comes, well from us, those Authors.
Rechtub you bring these words to my mind.
*forgive them they know not what they do*
I see increasing bitterness in your posts.
They have never been Labor/Union/Worker/Consumer friendly.
Are you having money problems, I hope not.
But many, great numbers,having walked too close to the cliff edge, blame every thing, even the sea Gulls, for the fall.
Social Welfare, from a trade unionist till death, Government enterprise, must be rebuilt.
Lean mean and for the needy not the greedy.
But your Robin Hood view?
Your words implies every one is a fraud.
Mate I am not rich, but would give you my last quid, any one who needs it, a human is not a lessor being because his/her life took paths other than yours.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 5 January 2012 4:14:36 AM
Wobbles,

Wiggle as you might, the real income (not credit) of the working class increased by more under Howard than any other previous decade.

He inherited a $90bn debt from Labor, paid this back, left with a $20bn surplus and $70bn future fund. Krudd and Juliar have blown nearly $200bn in 4 years and left a legacy of bad policies and broken promises.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 5 January 2012 4:29:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11