The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Under no circumstances do I want ever see anyone like John Howard as our prime-minister again

Under no circumstances do I want ever see anyone like John Howard as our prime-minister again

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Under the Howard government the living standards of the lowest paid increased by more than it ever did under a Labor government.

If you grow the economy everyone prospers.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 3:38:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well you have stirred up the ants nest.
I have no time for Howard, not the one behind work choices.
Or the hen pecked one who let his wife have far too much say in running our country.
But ignore at your peril he won over voters who had never even considered voting conservative.
Our personal views , if not held by a majority are of no use.
John Winston Howard had twice the followers of our current leaders.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 3:55:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly: "John Winston Howard had twice the followers of our current leaders".
And finally was not re-elected by his own electorate, which was considered as a very safe liberal for decades...
Posted by Andreas Berg', Tuesday, 3 January 2012 6:51:23 PM
Lexi and history will judge is it likely Howard nickname could ever appear in history, namely Bonsai Howard in respect to then Opposition leader Latham defining Howard as a arse licking Bush and taking this country to an ongoing another American war.
Posted by dougbell, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 6:57:41 PM
Dear dougbell,

I thought that Howard had the nickname "Bonsai," because
he was a "Little Bush." Or so the story goes.
He may have been responsible for our involvement in
the Iraq war - but our current PM also strongly supports
the American alliance and there are no signs of our pulling
out of any of our military involvements. Do you really
believe that our country would be able to defend itself
against any aggressors without the help of the US?
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 7:39:26 PM
Yes I know, it's a terrible thing to have low interest rates, sky high confidence and money in the bank, that's after repaying labor's huge debt, at least it was back then, but they have now raised the bar yet again.

Don't believe me, just go and ask the trades out there. You will have to look pretty hard though as most of them have eithe gone broke, or are heading that way.

Unless of cause they are fixing one of the many of labor's stuff ups!
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 7:49:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All