The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > RSPCA should stick to its knitting

RSPCA should stick to its knitting

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 23
  15. 24
  16. 25
  17. All
Yabs

I do understand the whys and wherefores of feed-lotting - an often controversial issue in itself. The requirement of fattening cattle for the slaughter does not prevent the RE-INTRODUCTION of abattoirs, nor the professional skilling up of Indonesian workers, you should be aware that a stun gun is only a small part of effective and efficient slaughter (slicing the neck of a cow need only take a single action by a professional) - however, I think you are merely arguing in favour of 'business-as-usual' and not interested in progress, just making a dollar for yourself instead.

I can only assume that you have not bothered to read up on those in the industry who (like Terry Coman) are in favour of humane treatment of food stock.

Easier to fling childish insults than actually take time to learn - you have been posting here for many years and unlike Belly (who at least will admit he may be wrong occasionally) can never entertain the fact that there are others who are more qualified and knowledgeable than you.
Posted by Ammonite, Saturday, 11 June 2011 10:25:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems to me that even though the AA bring the issues to light it is usually upto the governing body to attempt to put it right.
When outside influence groups with different agendas voice what they think needs to be done then what you end up with is a resolution that benifits nobody and the continuation of cruelty maybe not to aust. cattle but the cruelty will continue.
Is AA and their disciples really for stopping these barbaric acts or is it just because they want to make a point.
Its good its in the open now lets fix it.
Unfortunatley most countries are not as developed in infrastructure as we are, that should be a part of what is taken into account.
We are a lucky country we have good people who know their jobs we have good people that bring our mistakes out into the open and we respect that but we need to be realistic not only for us but for all who we interact with, we need to understand their situation as well.
Is stopping the live cattle trade actually going to stop this cruelty
answer honestly. If you say YES your fooling yourself, if you think slaughter here is the way to go,answer this,can you afford to eat in a high class restaurant every night?
Not every one has the necessary funds as we do most of these countries we export to have hugh populations of very very low income families but this seems not to be an influence.
Please we cannot overlook human rights as well as animal rights.
We need to resolve this issue with all its ugliness so that we as people gain in stature and so will the animals.
Posted by MickC, Saturday, 11 June 2011 11:07:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ammonite thanks again for that in the other thread, including the view I was rude for not doing it.
Rubbish however! no union makes workplace delegates join the ALP.
A rule exists that you MUST BE a member to be in the party it is ignored .
Yabby note, the soft underbelly the infection, ALP is tasked in my view as the only force ever that can defeat conservatism, with twisting and turning to the will of? greens and others who want control from the back seat of a party they abandoned and so badly miss use.
YOU/I have put and end to cruelty on the table.
And end now, we do not ignore the wrongs or the need to put an end to them.
But as in every single issue, it can be any thing, answers run second to anchoring the boat on the problem refusing to move.
OUTCOMES are the way.
I can not see why anyone wants this to progress in to another club Abbott can use to beat Labor with.
And ask this, are ANY VEGANS taking part in this debate here.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 11 June 2011 12:50:01 PM
Yes Yabby, ranting about the supposed 'housewives' in animal welfare groups would only serve to upset them even more, and in any case, they should be so lucky to have housewives among their members.
They are very handy people - able to multi-skill and deal with childish issues such as yourself : )

At the end of the day, it was these animal rights groups, with the massive addition of public opinion, that helped bring this multi-million dollar industry to it's knees over their handling of animal cruelty.

So they are not so 'sissy' at all are they really?
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 11 June 2011 1:23:20 PM
Yes, lets just bring the industry to its knees but let the cruelty continue....good thinking
Posted by MickC, Saturday, 11 June 2011 1:41:53 PM
MickC, I doubt the business-savvy Indonesians will allow the cruelty to continue if they are to lose that much beef. Their customers must be a tad upset by now don't you think?

I also doubt they can find that much quality beef in another market somewhere else anytime soon either.

Far better to take a strong stand now, with short-term pain to farmers, than to allow the cruelty to continue unchecked.
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 11 June 2011 4:38:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13