The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. ...
  14. 34
  15. 35
  16. 36
  17. All
Lol Yabby and Deep Blue, I am loving the amusing gun scenarios you put forward! : )

Cornflower <"The stories of being threatened are interesting because available law from God knows back when was always sufficient for dealing with threats, regardless of the source and tool."

Gee Cornflower, I don't know about you, but when the choice of which 'threat' I would rather face in a dark street by a rabid person: gun, knife, baseball bat or star picket, I know which one I would be most scared of! At least you have a chance to run away from the ones that aren't guns.

Now, I am sorry I am being 'emotional' about the subject, but that is just a human trait I happen to have.

I really don't care about Howard's gun buy back at all- that is old history now. We can't change that. I am not asking for a buy back scheme again.

I am talking about now.
The less guns we have in this country, the better.
Ban the gun 'sports',and gun shops for non-essential purchase of guns
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 16 January 2011 1:56:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cornflower:

The following website may possibly set the record straight for you:

http://msl.rsmjournals.com/cgi/content/full/50/1/53
Firearm deaths in Australia after law reform

Suze:

I Totally agree with you - why doesn't logic prevail?
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 16 January 2011 2:28:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that info Lexi.
That about settles the argument for me.

The civilian gun lovers amongst us should holster their weapons, throw away the ammo, and mount the guns on their walls as relics of the past.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 16 January 2011 4:18:03 PM
Suzeonline

Can they keep the mullets, Ugg boots, tats and checked shirts though?

It would be a bit too harsh to ethnically-cleanse a cultural sub-group for being gun lovers, don't you think?

Yes, the info was most interesting.

I look forward to Cornflowers rebuttal from the National Rifle Association, RSL, League of Rights, KKK, Colt Owners Club, and where ever else there might be any pro killing-civilian material that purports to promote the inherent safety of guns, because, after all , 'guns don't kill people, people do' and other such silly 'wisdoms' that get trotted out to excuse the place of guns in our community.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Sunday, 16 January 2011 4:30:08 PM
(cont'd) I just found an article on CNN today re a gun 'show' being held in Tuscon, Arizona, a week after the mass shooting there!

(RSS:+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+International
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/15/arizona.gun.show/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_topstories+(RSS:+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+International

America never ceases to amaze me!

The quote of the week would have to be this one- coming from a shoot-em-up good ol' boy - a member of the American Gun Lobby.

"Heller argued that a well-armed society is a safer society. "Being armed is the natural state of man," he said."

It may well be his 'natural state', but thank goodness his kind are in a minority in this country at least.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 16 January 2011 4:36:05 PM
It seems gun lovers

Are in the minority

Which is a Good Thing
Posted by Shintaro, Sunday, 16 January 2011 4:49:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26