The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All
America is in trouble.
Such lunatics can get guns and act like this.
Within an hour TV was quoting him from his online activity's why not before.
Palin and some shock jocks have always looked more Nazi to me, and yes the fools web Page went down.
Palin at least, yesterday lost any chance of standing for the top job ,all down hill for her now.
America should get rid of guns.
I am a sporting shooter but hand guns in city's?
A gun in the hands of such as this bloke is insanity.
Worth thinking about impacts, I think a much closer look will be taken to our online activity's.
Not that it is not now but this seems true, had local police known this fella was talking such junk he may never have gone out with a gun.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 10 January 2011 4:00:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cornflower get those reins in your hands and make the beast stop.
FOX over 4 hours reported what Palin had said and it was far more than the hand washing you have said.
She now is dead in the water gone and we are better for it.
Suzeonline you copped a bit ,but did you note the first response to you came from some one who totally miss read/failed to understand your post?
I did like the self description in the last line however.
Poirot do not give ground you are quite right and its nothing to do with your politics, such inflammatory rhetoric should be out lawed, just think fascist media FOX can see Palin is gone.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 10 January 2011 4:11:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suze

What was gained by taking swipes at gun owners? One of the key issues that created to recent tragedy was an inflammatory tone in a range of political debates. However much you hate working class, rural yobbos, this debate should be about the guns, not the people who own them.
Posted by benk, Monday, 10 January 2011 4:41:56 PM
Belly,

A more likely cause is a psychotic episode from drug use.

However there are no newspaper sales or TV audiences in waiting for the police report.
Posted by Cornflower, Monday, 10 January 2011 5:26:31 PM
I'm with Suze on this one. Last time I checked the stats,
something like 100'00 people a year were shot in the US.
That is a huge figure.

Lots of accidents, lovers tiffs, madheads, etc.

The reality of the human brain is that the stronger an emotion,
the less we think. People fly into a rage, a gun is handy,
they go click and often regret it for the rest of their lives,
locked up in jails.

So a comparison with knives is invalid.

Keep guns in the community to a minimum, makes perfect sense.

Its one of the reasons why I would never live in the US.
When I was in New Orleans last, it was August and I asked the
taxi driver how safe his job was. So far that year, 6 of his
buddies had been shot. They were carjacking people in the
centre of New Orleans with machine guns. The US gun laws
are a disaster. Luckily we don't have that problem here.
Lets keep it that way.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 10 January 2011 6:36:13 PM
Thanks for that voice of reason Yabby :)

Deep Blue<"Despite other amusing comments, this link just shows how many responsible gun owners there are here....45.000 of them, keeping the feral populations down, just for you, and you....and of course you.
And here's the big one....AT THEIR EXSPENCE(sic)!"

Is that comment really true Deep Blue? I have lived in the country over the years, and most of the guys out there blasting the feral animals to kingdom come were either paid to do so by the property owners or the Government, or they were mindless rednecks just out there to get their thrills with killing something, anything?

Benk <" However much you hate working class, rural yobbos, this debate should be about the guns, not the people who own them."

I never said I hated working class men at all Benk... and it was you that called them rural yobbos.

I hate the violent gun culture in America, and make no apologies for disliking the non-essential use of guns in our society.

I hope Australia never follows Americas lead in the ongoing tragedy that is soft gun laws in that country.
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 10 January 2011 7:25:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All