The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. ...
  14. 34
  15. 35
  16. 36
  17. All
Because they are under no illusion the other side won't have and use them!
Come on, Poirot. You're smarter than that!
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 12 January 2011 7:33:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come on RawMustard. You would have had to google to find that one.

Whereas mass shootings in the US, are a dime a dozen.

We simply don't have the problem of guns everywhere, as they do
in the US, where they sell them at Walmart.

I have a dear old friend in the US, a grandmotherly type, who
feels that she needs to have weapons in the house, as eveyone
else has weapons. Frankly, given her eyesight, she is far more
likely to trip over one of them and shoot herself by mistake, then
to outshoot any gangster :)

She seems to think that the US is past the point of no return, when
it comes to guns, as there are simply so many of them. We in
Australia, are fortunate not to have that problem.

We certainly don't need that problem either
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 12 January 2011 9:57:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TBC, take no notice of the trigger-happy good-ol'-boys above :)

Since we are talking about 'goodies' and 'baddies' in our society, I too have a scenario.
Mr Goodie lives in Getumboy and has a cabinet full of guns - his pride and joy. He bought all his guns legally and has joined a gun club.

He spends his weekends blasting the hell out of any animal that moves on his property, or joins his mates down at the Killem Club and pops holes into a pretend man-shaped picture.

Mr Baddie and a few of his bad mates break into Mr Goodies house and steal the guns.
They go on a rampage about the place and kill real people.

The moral of the story?

If Mr Goodie didn't have the 'right' to legally buy violent guns for 'sport', Mr Baddie and his like are less likely to easily acquire guns in our country.

We need to make it harder for both the goodies and the baddies to acquire guns- both legally and illegally.
Posted by suzeonline, Wednesday, 12 January 2011 10:15:41 PM
Sue...."We need to make it harder for both the goodies and the baddies to acquire guns- both legally and illegally."

lol..Sorry to pop your little bubble, and see the good intent behind your sincerity, but not all handed there guns in when asked to. There are still millions of weapons out there and making it harder to obtain them....well:)...wishful thinking's. Mans infatuation with the gun is very deep seeded, and some strongly think they have a right to arm themselves. ( I mean, you wouldn't take a spear off a caveman now, would you?) See arms dealers like the good old uncle Sam, make there way to Australia too, and if one was in the know, $2500 right now, can buy you shells and the weapon of your choice.

The more you try to stop something that was free/and a part of the Australia way, all that will happen.....is that you will play into the hands of the black-market.

I take it, you know little of street life in Sydney:) I lived in Sydney and had some quite interesting neighbors from time to time.

Trust me.....If a nut wants to get hold of a gun, it takes less than a hour. (Watch the movie Two Hands...its is that easy). Luck for us here, the mentality of our people is a lot more stable compared to the US. Their Disneyland/religious ways of acting out on the big screen, just explains it all when concerning their mental stability.

All though, it would be nice to live in a perfect world.

Training and education are the only ways to live safe with guns.

And of course a good deep understanding of who you are training:) DNA checks might not be such a bad idea.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Thursday, 13 January 2011 12:40:15 AM
We are talking about America.
Hand guns in the streets.
Not here.
Criminals and fools will kill.
Do kill , increasing disturbing knife crimes prove that.
Australia has no need to change its gun laws.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 13 January 2011 6:29:43 AM
Yes Deep Blue, of course I am aware of the black market and how easy it is to buy a gun. Unfortunately I have had to nurse many people with gun shot wounds from guns purchased from the US over the internet.
However, the recent murderous nut-case in America bought his over the counter didn't he?

We have to start somewhere.

The cavemen eventually gave up using spears to kill each other willy-nilly when they became more 'civilised'.

I live in hope :)
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 13 January 2011 9:22:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15