The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. ...
  14. 34
  15. 35
  16. 36
  17. All
Gawd Rawmustard, sounds to me like you have been watching far too
many hollywood movies!

All you need is a baseball bat, not too many burglars would stick
around.

Besides, by the time you have found your way to the gun cabinet,
remembered where you stored both keys, loaded it and made your
way through the house, that burglar might well be gone.

*We also sold them in Kmart here years ago.*

Certainly not here in WA, but its always been much more difficult
to obtain a gun over here, then in the East. That big desert between
us is not such a bad thing really.

Yes, there would be some illegal guns in the community, but many
are also routinely removed, when the bikers clubs are raided yet
once again, or suspect cars are searched, etc.

I think the stats show pretty clearly that lots of guns in the
community means lots of people get shot.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 13 January 2011 6:24:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOL...funny stuff:) Baseball bats, violent attacks, and speaking of which:)....I think I can translate Raw Mustard's post.

"I can just see them reach for their IPhone and press the stop raping my daughter button as some thug checks for her prostate gland with his third leg. I wonder if you can download an app for that?"

And here's the evidence........"By the way, I can see that you are a gunnut, so some things might be hard to grasp, but 'the shelias' don't actually have a prostate gland, yer know."

Now I don't know about you lot, but something sounds quite Gay about all this...don't you think:)

BLU
Posted by Deep-Blue, Thursday, 13 January 2011 7:07:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fancy yourself as a bit of a writer, TBC? Enjoy reading your own colourful words? Perhaps in your haste to amuse yourself, you could find the time to read fully what others have written and try to comprehend?

I never said a sheila has a prostate, but anyway!

As to my experience with violence, I have no need to explain anything to a dip that can't read!

And tell oh colourful one, what constitutes a gun nut in your eyes?
This should be interesting.

Ah, the old baseball bat, Yabby. There are many of these floating around Victoria these days. In fact my son and his mate just found out headbutting them hurts lots more than the Africans swinging them!
They thought the odds were in their favour, 2 to 20, not bad odds if you're on the 20 side.

You'll be pleased to note, I hired him a personal maths tutor rather than buy him a gun. That should help him realize that 20 is a far greater number than 2. What happened to that education revolution thingy? Spent it all on baseball bats for the immigrants I suppose?
Posted by RawMustard, Thursday, 13 January 2011 8:29:00 PM
The Blue Cross- lol! Love your sarcastic style :)

Belly asks if I treat more knife and blunt object victims.
Actually I no longer work in emergency departments, so I don't see many gun wounds or recent trauma wounds anymore, thank goodness.

I work in the community now, treating people at home after they get home from hospital. I see more knife and broken glass entry wounds from victims of domestic violence and pub violence mostly.

I am glad to be out in the community now. I hated gunshot wounds- the exit wounds were worse than the entry wound on most occasions, and the burns caused by the gunpowder around the edges of the wounds were nasty too.

I hate guns.
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 13 January 2011 10:53:35 PM
Arizona shares a border with Mexico, where the private ownership of firearms is banned. However in Mexico thousands are killed by guns annually. No wonder Mexicans flee to neighbouring Arizona.

However, according to the mantra of the Greens and others, it should be the reverse - people in Arizona should be fleeing to Mexico, made peaceful by its gun bans.

Switzerland has the highest number of military assault rifles in private homes than any country in the world and 50 rounds are issued with every firearm. The government sponsors training with rifles and shooting in competitions for interested adolescents, both male and female and subsidises ammunition purchases.
http://www.swissrifles.com/shooting/

Again, according to the simplistic mantras of Australian Greens and the antis, Switzerland should be awash with blood, yet gun crime is rare.

'Gun culture' is a media label, a meaningless stereotype. Evil people exist and their violent crimes are not limited by the availability of a particular tool. For instance, Ted Kaczynski (Unabomber, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski) used bombs. In Australia, the Whiskey Au Go Go killers used petrol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Au_Go_Go_fire).

What I continue to argue for is for government to set a goal of reducing violence instead. Politics being politics, President Obama will probably take the easy way out by proposing gun control. However, America (and Australia) needs a statesman who can eschew the politically attractive and easy band-aids like gun 'control', more laws (eg Australia's bikie laws) and harsher penalties, to invest in a lasting change by researching and dealing with the actual causes of violence.

Evidence and numbers should advise and underpin policy, not emotional rhetoric.
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 14 January 2011 12:52:57 AM
Its the same old story, when it comes to the roots of the main problem, doesn't it. Societies bad elements that breeds violence are and should be the main targets. If one was to put a box of guns in a room of angry people, you'll have mass-murder on your hands, and with the same box of guns in a room of peaceful people, some will pick them up for a look, while the rest wouldn't give them a second thought.

Cornflower.....and what a sound example.

"Switzerland has the highest number of military assault rifles in private homes than any country in the world and 50 rounds are issued with every firearm. The government sponsors training with rifles and shooting in competitions for interested adolescents, both male and female and subsidises ammunition purchases.
http://www.swissrifles.com/shooting/

Again, according to the simplistic mantras of Australian Greens and the antis, Switzerland should be awash with blood, yet gun crime is rare.

Take the negative element out of the community, and whats the problem again?
I heard an old saying....."society is to blame" maybe we should be looking on how Switzerland does it then?

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Friday, 14 January 2011 6:11:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17