The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Perception- do we see what we want to see ?

Politics and Perception- do we see what we want to see ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Dear Al,
As you know out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and so it is not to hard to interprit what people believe, Just learn to listen.
Posted by Richie 10, Saturday, 30 October 2010 10:13:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My dear Poirot :) you can watch it actually.. you only need to alocate 3 minutes of your life to see the point. segment is 2.01 to about 3.00)

OTO.. I won't dispute any of what you said regarding the EDL action or mood.. that was not the purpose of my thread. I know they are a bit of a hard bunch.. but you should look a bit further at the big picture and see exactly how and why they formed and I assure you.. anger at the police is TOTALLY justified by citizens when police not only don't uphold the law but PROTECT those who are breaking it.

I would be very very angry in such a case. In fact..I've BEEN so..

a)I'm holding sign at the IR rally at flinders street station in 2006
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ir-laws-just-not-cricket/2006/11/30/1164777686782.html

Notice the SIGN.. it blames Howard for unfair dismissal. In the same week... 1000 workers at a car parts manufacturer lost their jobs to.... CHINA

b) Knowing this, I armed myself with a sign "BLAME CHINA...tax slavery at customs"

c) Hard core communist woman approaches me "RACIST! she says..then (Nose to nose) "I want to smash your face in" (verbatim)

d) Later, (after some very fruitful conversations with passers by) she physically attacked me. (Assault)

e) I restrained her flailing arms, and marched her to the nearest cop.
(to have her charged with assault)

f) He threatened to arrest me.

Welcome to the world of the EDL.

The Police are under orders, from politicians. Always remember that.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Saturday, 30 October 2010 10:33:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where Islam goes, trouble follows.
This historical fact is ignored by the ideologically blind.
It is inevitable that groups such as the EDL resort to civil disobedience
when the political elite ignore the will of the people and pursue policies
inimical to the well-being of their country and its citizens.
The West is reaping the bitter fruits of multiculturalism.
Posted by Proxy, Saturday, 30 October 2010 4:55:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Proxy... hey.. your output has been slow this time.. hope to hear more incisive commentary from you in future.

I certainly appreciate your comments.

Where did you say you are again ? Brisbane or... can't remember.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Saturday, 30 October 2010 8:21:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rosa Parkes resorted to civil disobedience.

The EPL resort to violence and thuggery, admittedly spurred on by opposing groups (e.g. the UAF) who seem unable to leave their 'peaceful' protests alone. That said, this footage certainly suggests that they weren't too upset by the prospect of violence at the Leicester rally.

Let's call a spade a spade. Call hooliganism 'hooliganism' rather than 'civil disobedience'. The latter term insults the dignity of long-dead civil disobeyers like Parkes, Gandhi et al.
Posted by Otokonoko, Sunday, 31 October 2010 12:49:39 AM
Ahhh,
The dignity of Ghandi:

"contrary to the image of the abstemious Hindu ascetic, in later life Gandhi frequently bathed with nubile young women, had nude massages and often shared a bed with one or more of his followers"

"The sister of Gandhi's secretary, Sushila Nayar, was one of the women who took part, as was his 18-year-old grandniece, Manu.

In other cases, the wives of men in his ashram were called upon to share his bed, even though they were forbidden to sleep with their husbands, leading to complaints from some of his most devoted male followers."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1044063/gandhi-sex-life-laid-bare-in-new-book

May we all experience, in our twilight years, the same sort of dignity that Ghandi enjoyed in his.
Posted by Proxy, Sunday, 31 October 2010 9:13:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12