The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gay adoption

Gay adoption

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. All
CJ,

If we had similar politics I would be deprived of our skirmishes. I actually have a fair number of highly educated and deeply religious colleagues none of whom hold simplistic fundamentalist views.

I can only conclude that fundamentalism and bigotry is the realm of the intellectual pygmy.

Bach, your biased opinions are self evident.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 10:37:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Ministry now brings out his intellectual snobbery

'I actually have a fair number of highly educated and deeply religious colleagues none of whom hold simplistic fundamentalist views.'

Of course anyone that talks straight which shows how corrupt humanity behaves is simplistic. Congratulations SM for having such 'wise' friends who can confirm your prejudices. No need for a Saviour for you SM eh! The word fundamentalist is slimy way of trying to discredit a person. The truth is that many secularist are just as fundamentalist in their beliefs as bible believing Christians. Just look at the fantasy of evolution and the way many deny the very obvious (a Creator). The only problem with their fundamentalism is that their dogmas must keep changing as their previous one is discredited.

Any thinking person will be led to the fundamentals of the Christian faith (ie their desperate need of a Saviour from their corrupt natures). It seems more convenient for the secularist to make a myriad of excuses for their adultery, child abuse, baby murder, divorces, fornication, homosexuality, drug taking blasphemies etc. It takes a lot of 'deep religion' and crap to make excuses and explain away this behaviour. No wonder the gospel is hidden from the 'wise' of this world. Of course their only solution is to drug the depressed and blame others for their own corruption. Funny how the more educated we become the more arrogant and self righteous people are. I suggest try humbling yourself before your Maker and you might find you and your friends are not so wise.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 11:12:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I rest my case.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 3:03:09 PM
He rests his case... amazing
Posted by bach, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 3:15:50 PM
Actually Runner and Bach your case has been appalling from the start. I asked and hoped that we could keep biased and particularly religious positions out of the conversation and that some of you might have an opinion that you formed for yourselves and not handed to you by some church. The point is not meant to be one of moralism but one of intellectually based rational decision making using the basic point of considering the rights of the child as overriding all other rights and prejudices that may exist.
The overall drive and predictability of the posts by most has been disappointing and has left me wondering if a site exists where people can debate and develop their opinions over rational conversation devoid of bigoted and extreme views they cannot and will not move on. If you are not learning and growing intellectually and as a person you might as well be dead.
Posted by nairbe, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 5:27:11 PM
nairbe,
If you want only responses from secularist atheists with whom you agree, then I suggest you only past on closed secularist atheists sites. Learn OLO presents diverse opinion. A christian world view is an equally valid point of view.
Posted by Philo, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 8:29:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14