The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Male bullying of males

Male bullying of males

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
Owww. Rob. So sad? What's up?

I liked the road runner. Still here though. Waiting.

As I've said many times, my personal enjoyment on OLO is my sole consideration when posting, and you have made it worth my while. I thank you.

BTW: What does it say about me? I'm just words on a page man. And if anything, you're the one saying stuff about me (you big bully), it's just that you're not courageous enough to actually say it overtly, even though you'll never meet me.

Things just are. Everything has it's place. We're all bullys and victims, it's just some would prefer to identify with the victim as it has more currency. Well, I like the coldness, the honesty of the bully rather than the measly justifications and sophistry of the self-styled victims.

And I AM winning, as I'm grinning. That's what it's all about.

But you Rob, Oh, so sad.

A smile and a joke is all I've ever needed to avoid the 'bully's' of the world, like yourself.

The offspring said it best. 'The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care!'
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 22 March 2010 12:19:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>it's just that you're not courageous enough to actually say it overtly, even though you'll never meet me.<<

You just prove what a prize toff you are. OK, I will say it. I hope someone who does know you gives you the mother of all king hits (not necessarily physical) that knocks that supercilious grin off your face. (Not because I'm against grinning, just that you have a chronic tendency to be a smart-arse, which IS just psychological bullying.)

Then maybe you'll understand a few more things about life and round yours off a bit. Not every victim has got measly excuses at all as you must know by now. Every site has its resident smartarse/toff and currently you're it. Hope you go the way of the Dodo/Col.

And yeah, you're right I shouldn't feed the troll.
Posted by RobP, Monday, 22 March 2010 12:31:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow what a lot of posts !

I had an interesting education. First at a quaker boarding school and then at a high church boarding school, both in England.

There was little bullying as such in either school because of the free and easy atmosphere in the former and the absolute discipline in the latter, unless you allow punishment meted out under sanction by both the housemaster and the head boy of the house for the slightest of infraction. I guess there wasn't much time for peer to peer bullying as the school was developed on the old system of "fagging" so well described in Tom Brown's Schooldays"

Punishment was by the cane and usually undertaken in a dormitory where there was a "run-up" in order to inflict the greatest damage and pain often drawing blood. There was also punishment by senior boys on first year boys for the the silliest of things like not being quick enough to open a door for them and this punishment was in the form of continuous physical exercise, press ups and holding a certain position for periods of time. I say that all this was sanctioned because it all had to be written down in a punishment book and signed by the housemaster to create a "legal" and precise account.

I have to say that when I got to a position of authority I never used that position to punish anyone, The mere threat of it being there was enough to maintain the discipline and I never wanted to anyway. I don't feel it did me any harm although it might have left psychological on some, but I doubt it
Posted by snake, Monday, 22 March 2010 12:51:29 PM
Continued....

This form of education is not practiced in schools in England now of course, and much could be argued against it, but it did engender a degree of right and wrong, self discipline, camaraderie, toughness, self dependence, honesty, truthfulness, leadership etc that I see missing in so much education these days. Was it bullying ? I don't know, as once undertaken it was forgotten by both parties and a new page was turned.

I have mentioned here before this school developed (for want of a better word) character that manifested itself in considerable distinction in two world wars recognised later by the British government in a stained glass window installed in the chapel.

Bullying for the sake of ego and peer group encouragement is obviously bad and should be condemned. It all starts with education and discipline in the home
Posted by snake, Monday, 22 March 2010 12:52:29 PM
I miss Col. Now HE was entertaining. If there were more like Col around I wouldn't have to make my own fun out of you lot.

Good to see you're getting into the spirit of things. I bet you feel much better now that's off your chest. There will be no charge this time.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 22 March 2010 12:59:51 PM
as for old english school bullying there is a bittersweet book called "Us" by Richard Mason about that subject and how it affected the lives of the group after

Good reading.
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Monday, 22 March 2010 1:30:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11