The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Deconstruction of Wedding Vows

The Deconstruction of Wedding Vows

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Piper

I have had the formal marriage, when very young and temporarily naive. Being a fast learner, I managed to escape from that. Done the de facto thing - we both just went in different directions - at least I wasn't abused like when I was married. So it was an amicable break-up and still friends.

Have had lots of casual relationships which suited me for a while, during which I decided I really like my own space.

Right now my relationship is one where we live separately (for the most part) and I'm the happiest I have ever been. I have both freedom and the love of a very special man. We have been together 3 years now. Will it last? How long is a piece of string? He or I may be run over by a Mack truck or become besotted by someone else - who knows? Life changes; best to move with it.

Oops forgot main topic. Wedding Vows - fairly traditional except we left out the wife obeying the husband and vice versa. I think Whistler has a point because even though I was a very independent person even back then - everything changed after the wedding - he seemed to think he owned me. I think I spent the first part of my marriage in a state of disbelief, I didn't want to think that I had made such a big mistake. Of course, hindsight is crystal clear and there were signs but I was too young to realise it. Nowadays I can recognise a control-freak a mile off.
Posted by Fractelle, Friday, 21 August 2009 5:00:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Pied Piper, the painting “first site government house”
depicts my studio in 1982 at 50 Phillip Street, Sydney.
i painted the picture for my mother
who is a child of the Heidleberg school
and friend of the Angry Penguins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_Penguins
after i'd returned from Europe.
she turns 93 next month.
painting, i prefer pillows and cushions and cups of tea.
sometimes i get sidetracked but not very often.
Posted by whistler, Friday, 21 August 2009 7:50:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"one taking charge, being stronger, carrying both people etc for a time and hopefully it isn’t always the same person each time.."

My friend it is not easy to create the right relations, the happy relations, the lasting relations. both sides must show from the very begin their sensitivities, their hopes, their expectations, their personalities and characters.
Some people are very polite and patient other less, some people have open character some not, some..some.. What if I thing you like this role when in realy you did it because you thought that with this way you will make me happy? Or because you expected from me to take an other role which you do not like? How can I know which roles you like or not? How can you know which roles I like or not? Are we sure that both sides show(past) their real personalities, character, sensitivities etc from the very begin or we show(past) something different, something confusing, something grey, yes and no or no and yes?
If both sites are not idiots and both sites want to create lasting relations then they should be honest and strait from the very begin.
" I am an honest person, I love you, I want permanent relations with you but please help me to understand you, show me your self, what makes you happy, what you like, what you enjoy. I love you very much, do not worry, I love your character, your personality and I love all your sides each one separate, I love all your sites equaly. When we know and love the other site then we do what the other side like or expect from us, then we create happy relations, lasting relations"
THE KEY FOR SUCCESFULL LASTING RELATIONS IS WHAT WE DO FOR THE OTHER SIDE, MORE WE CREATE AND GIVE TO THE OTHER SITE WE CREATE MORE HAPPINES, BETER AND STRONGEST RELATIONS WITH OUR MATE.
If one site gives everything and the other side very little then we have problem, then soon or later the relations will break.

Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 21 August 2009 8:34:35 PM
"if one site gives everything"
The real meaning is if one site is ready to give everything, if one site likes to give everything, if one site tries to give everything"
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 21 August 2009 8:50:52 PM
Dear Piper,

All this talk about marriage has made me realize
that I've forgotten to wish Col Rouge every
happiness for his up coming wedding.

Dear Col, this is for you and your Lady:

"It is an extraordinary honour to become
close to another human being, to glimpse
their inner reality, vulnerability and tenderness.
Taking this honour seriously, you experience
the wonder of it.
You are formed, shaped, illuminated and chastened,
supported and cared for by those people who know
you best. Opening your heart and mind, you see how
deeply those people affect you and how much you are
affecting them. This power to affect others is your
greatest blessing. It is also your greatest responsibility.
The best and most beautiful to the world cannot be seen
or even touched they must be felt within the heart."

Congratulations and Wishing You Both Every Happiness!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 21 August 2009 8:52:12 PM
G'Day All,
To Col & Partner I would just like to wish you both happiness & hope that only happiness falls upon you.
From Dave
Posted by dwg, Saturday, 22 August 2009 10:27:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14