The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Deconstruction of Wedding Vows

The Deconstruction of Wedding Vows

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Dear Dwg,

Loved your joke - keep them coming!

Dear Piper,

My mum is amazing. However at least she's got
a purpose in life - and she's happy doing
what she does. It keeps her active.
For how much longer though -
is a good question. She definitely forgets
things and gets very easily confused - but
I keep tabs on her - and remind her of
everything. I have to keep checking up on
her - (and monitor everything).

Dear Seeker,

Don't you worry - I'll get Broadband.
Actually, I dream about it constantly ...

Broadband and Hoellebecq - that's the stuff
of dreams - right? (or is there another
name for it?)... :)
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 8:42:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Pied Piper, if a person is diagnosed with dementia
and he or she has not appointed a power of attorney in the event
the Public Guardian assumes the person's liability under a contract of marriage.
http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/opg
Posted by whistler, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 10:53:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PP: “Weird that he is some IT God in the workplace but can’t remember to get the milk on the way home on account of his hideous car crash aye.”

I hear IT can do that to people even when they’re godlike, like. And no, I’ll never tell.

Foxy: “Broadband and Hoellebecq - that's the stuff
of dreams - right? (or is there another
name for it?)... :)”

Jealousy?

Hey Houellebecq, sorry man – that “party girl” gibe posted earlier was totally thoughtless but meant in the nicest possible way.

So here’s how I feel about all that (Foxy, you’ll just have to imagine my pain until you get your new computer ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9FIacPnks
Posted by Seeker, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 12:35:31 AM
Dear Seeker,

Jealousy?

No.

Inadequacy - would be more apt...
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 10:59:51 AM
Foxy
With a bit more practice and a few more year marriage you'll get used to it. ;-)
Posted by examinator, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 6:39:54 PM
“The Pied Piper, if a person is diagnosed with dementia
and he or she has not appointed a power of attorney in the event
the Public Guardian assumes the person's liability under a contract of marriage.”

Hey Whistler, Oh I thought my husband would automatically have it and visa versa. He has power of attorney for me in NZ (needed for a house deal when I couldn’t be there). And I have the same for him in NZ (needed for another house deal). He bought the house here in Oz so it’s in his name and then I came over, should really sort that one as I don’t know the laws if he dies. We have Wills in NZ but haven’t done any here.... wow we really should go manage this marriage in a better way.

Hiya Foxy, my parents are both still all good (annoying but self functioning). I haven’t yet considered who or how to manage any problems that may arise with them now they’re getting on a bit. They live in Melbourne and my little sister and her husband are close to them. I might just pass the buck on that one since there were no parental vows that I recall.

Examinator, what is it; be mean to Foxy day? You boys better step off my home girl.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Wednesday, 26 August 2009 7:19:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14