The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How to beat Howard and why

How to beat Howard and why

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
There will be no Federal change of Government, until an ALP leader has the courage to give voice to this Nations' repressed outrage.

Australia's Pysche has been damaged. Howard has played Mephistopheles to our Faust and we purchased the bargain. In return, we have sacrificed Australia.

If Norm of "life be in it" was representative of our old "long weekend culture" it is now represented by Norman: an overweight financial planner, who after 12 hours in the office loves nothing better than to watch reality TV. What's wrong with that, well Norm had values, family and mates. Whilst, Norman he has a plan and a network.

Norman, is fitter, he does not smoke or drink excessively but he suffers from a myriad of anxieties and needs anti-depressants to cope with the sterility of his existance. His wife, if she is still with him, is perpetually dieting. Whilst, his kids are overwieght and wont leave the house or the internet. Life's highlights are an investment property, upgrading the car, mobile and internet access.

Norman is too busy for opinions. Names like Hicks, Rau, Jihad Jack Thomas, Habib, Avarez Solon are merely background noise. He may recall a picture of a dry river bed, references to global warming, or Iraq. But to be honest, none of this rates with his primary concern: the value of his home, and investments.

This country is performing well economically because of China - not because of John Howard. Not because of our manufacturing or technological creativity. Howard has created a mirage: doubling the value of our assets, the increased equity has bankrolled our gratuitous desires, convincing us we are richer.

Howard deserves credit for balancing the books; he deserves our indignation for everything else. His is an ideoligical crusade: contemptuous of Australia's history, culture and constitution.

Norm of "life be in it" would have Howard, Ruddock and Vanstone arrested, charged and incarcerated.
Posted by YEBIGA, Monday, 4 December 2006 11:09:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Rudd can do just that..its early, yes, but promising.
Posted by holyshadow, Monday, 4 December 2006 11:47:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like your psychological take.

But i don't think for a momment that the majority of Australians vote for the benefit of the nation. They vote for themselves first and foremost.

And its why they have such a problem defining what Australian values and being Australian means. It requires them to think collectively across class and color religion and environments.

They have not yet developed a real sense of place. Just an imagined sense of community.

So they vote for their back pockets or out of fear of the unknown.
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 12:17:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If the nation’s rage is “repressed”, how do you know about it, YEBIGA? I’m not aware of any “rage”, but of course I don’t know anymore than you do if it is repressed. I would have thought that we were still jogging along on the usually half and half – 50% happy, 50% not so happy, with the “swingers” eventually making the decision.

Just how is our psyche damaged? And how have we sacrificed Australia?
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 10:12:41 AM
There will be no change of government until the people realise that the real choice is not labor or liberal, but this choice is the new grass roots party for all the people.

The Australian Peoples Party

want to know more

email:swulrich@bigpond.net.au

You do have a real choice
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 10:33:17 AM
I think we do need a new party. A Conservative Party . I find both current middle of the road parties too centrist,too high taxing,
too much middle class and corporate welfare.
Posted by bern, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 11:39:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy