The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How to beat Howard and why

How to beat Howard and why

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
kartiya Jim “Funny how the rich and powerfull seem to ignore the environment and the natural processes”

Maybe you could substantiate that claim with some evidentiary substance

“The average "rich" seem to be obsessed with getting richer .
Deepak Chopra observed how unhappy they seemed, for all their wealth, on TV today .”

I have never met an “average rich” , I suppose a few chinless wonders remain the products of inbreeding within families intent on focusing their wealth but most of the “rich” I know as people, the self made variety, are exceptional and unique, everything but “average”.

As for Deepak Chopra, as an Indian writer and guru he is certainly “rich” he might be reflecting on his own circumstances, maybe the La Costa Resort & Spa bookings are down. He might even benefit from some self-enlightenment
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 22 December 2006 10:06:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col Rouge wants some evidence of the irresponsibility of the rich with regard to protecting the natural environment as they accumulate more wealth. From Google, the following.....
Probably the most obscene example of one is RON GREENTREE of Windella,the Biggest individual Grain grower in Australia [some say the world ]and a leader in Australia's Grain Industry, wilfully destroying by clearing, ploughing and planting 100 hectares of rare RAMSAR Internationally listed Gwydir Wetlands to grow wheat .
He was fined $150,000.00 and his company $300,000.00.by Justice Sackville of the Federal Court.
Will you make some excuses for his behavior Col Rouge ?
Posted by kartiya jim, Saturday, 23 December 2006 9:13:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For evidence of how being 'rich' leads to happiness, one need look no further than Col's numerous jolly and congenial posts to this forum :) Always inspirational and uplifting.

Merry Xmas!
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 23 December 2006 9:53:36 AM
Kartiya jim ”He was fined $150,000.00 and his company $300,000.00.by Justice Sackville of the Federal Court.
Will you make some excuses for his behavior Col Rouge ?”

I would observe, the system of laws we have identifies him as guilty and punished. Individuals can choose to follow the law or transgress. One persons transgression does not justify a general “class” based criticism. If you like, I could go find a few “working class” environmental vandals, like CFA blokes who set bush fires. It does not warrant or justify a generalized statement that “the rich” are collectively anti-environmental and interested only in making money anymore than a few working-class arsonists deem all working class people firebugs.

I am not required to make excuses for anyone.

CJMorgan, Your suggestion “For evidence of how being 'rich' leads to happiness, one need look no further than Col's numerous jolly and congenial posts to this forum :) Always inspirational and uplifting.”

well CJ, my posts contain some substance, I am pleased you find them, ot use your words, “inspirational and uplifting “ (the paradox of irony).

Your posts seem to be the small snipes of the impotent and focused predominantly on trying to make remarks at my expense. They are neither uplifting, inspirational, original nor humourous.

A suggestion, if you want to make a contribution try saying something which contributes to the debate, express a view, you must have some. I will be happy to debate the point but if you insist on trying to scrape sparks off me rest assured, unlike most folk around here I scrape back and usually with a far greater effect.
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 23 December 2006 9:56:32 PM
Col , too close to Christmas to worry any more about the Dark Side ,let's relax and let the world go by for a change .
Merry Christmas and a Prosperous [depends how you make it! ] New Year to ALL the Forum Crew, kartiya.
Posted by kartiya jim, Saturday, 23 December 2006 10:19:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy