The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Now, We are A Police State

Now, We are A Police State

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. 19
  14. 20
  15. 21
  16. All
That was a good article CJ.
He's a good man.
My overall concern is with One World Church and what it will do to christian believers in the endtimes.
Revelation speaks about christians loosing their heads (Rev.20:4) for not recieving the mark/microchip the false prophets' friend, the antichrist, is going to force on the world population (Revelation 13:16-18).
It was only a few years ago there was genocide in Bosnia and death camps. It can happen in Europe all over again if another Adolf Hitler pops up and connects with a "religious" Mussolini.
Posted by Gibo, Friday, 4 July 2008 5:32:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly
I agree with you and I tried to make your questions stronger as I agree with pelican,Bronwyn,etc about taxpayers money and I tried to make their questions stronger. You misunderstand me!

Col Rouge
Simple I discover that you are better than I thought, for me democracy and freedom of expression are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

Antonis Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 4 July 2008 6:08:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart#Self
"Against the ruling of the governing body of the Assemblies of God, Swaggart returned to his television pulpit long before his three-month suspension expired. He stated, "If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell." Believing that Swaggart was not genuinely repentant in not submitting to their authority, the Assemblies of God immediately defrocked Swaggart, removing his credentials and ministerial license.

On October 11, 1991, Swaggart was found in the company of another prostitute, Rosemary Garcia"

"AAwww shucks...you just cant keep good men down!" - Apparently not ;)

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 4 July 2008 6:13:16 PM
Amazing isn't it how those who deny absolutes are so quick to apply absolutes to Christians. Well I suppose they are blinded to their own hypocrisy!
Posted by runner, Friday, 4 July 2008 7:59:01 PM
CJ

"I voted for the second option."

No, with all due respect, if I was risking a $5500 fine, I think I'd probably want something a bit better than any of those.

Some of Belly's ideas could be worked into pretty good T-shirt slogans with a bit of tweaking. "Would it be a crime to have a shirt that asked the church to say sorry to its victims of sexual abuse? Or its crimes against Aboriginals? Or to ask how did it get so wealthy in so many very poor countries?" Yes, definitely some good potential there, Belly.

"If Gibo were to express his sentiments on a t-shirt during the coming Catholic Haj..."

He's certainly got some classics to choose from! Just a quick skim through (well a bit slower than my normal very quick skim through) came up with this little selection and I'm sure there's plenty more to be found.

"I prayed for rain for the gayboy Mardi Gras."

"True Christian believers will stand apart."

"Christianity is so simple."

"In the RC empire you can find anything."

"ONE WORLD CHURCH"

"Check out The False Prophet."

"There's no appearance of the beast yet but he will be along soon."

Rich pickings indeed, Gibo, you could go into business. I particularly like the second one. It appeals to my atheistic sensibilities. "True Christian believers", to me, will always stand apart - from each other! They are more divided than non-believers could ever be.

If we were voting on this little lot, I know you'd just have to go for the last one, CJ!
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 5 July 2008 12:04:57 AM
runner, so you don't think that those who preach absolutes should stick by vwhat they preach (or at least make a passing attempt).

We are all human and will stuff up occasionally but for someone who was so big on preaching morality and condemming others hiring hookers is a biggy. Did you ever see any of Swaggarts preaching?

Back to the topic, does anybody know if the annoyance factor applies to participants wearing tee shirts or holding up banners which annoy non-participants?

Some christain tee-shirts can be quite annoying.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Saturday, 5 July 2008 12:32:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18