The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Now, We are A Police State

Now, We are A Police State

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All
Anyway...when youre thinking RC church think all-consuming giant global One World Church that controls lives and engages persecutions against all those who dessent...this is the Mystery Babylon of the Book of Revelation.
The New World (Economic) Order with the antichrist on one side...and on the other his friend the coming One World Church religious "Mussolini" known in the Word as the False Prophet.
Millions of committed christians not beguilled by the RC Empire believe this to be true.
Many have websites (the signs that we are in the endtimes is good) and many have written books over many deaceds in modern times on the subject of the Bibles endtimes.
The Pope is coming out to gather for that big endtimes church. Not converts to Jesus but converts for the RC Empire.
Posted by Gibo, Tuesday, 8 July 2008 12:56:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Or perhaps

"Anyway...when youre thinking AOG church think all-consuming giant global One World Church that controls lives and engages persecutions against all those who dessent...this is the Mystery Babylon of the Book of Revelation.
The New World (Economic) Order with the antichrist on one side...and on the other his friend the coming One World Church religious "Mussolini" known in the Word as the False Prophet.
Millions of sane people not beguilled by the AOG Empire believe this to be true. "

Just a thought and it seems to fit about as well.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 8 July 2008 1:07:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What should the Christian bishops be saying to the Pope about this:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/07/07/1215282750977.html

If true their convictions they should be very, very vocal.

O.
Posted by Oliver, Tuesday, 8 July 2008 6:00:48 PM
AOG is cool RObert.
But they are not the the only pentecostal churches.
Pentecostal churches are growing at a huge rate because they provide for their congregations by fully openning up to The Holy Spirit. Theres not much ceremony and no Mother Mary worship or the worship of so-called saints or the worship of idols (touching the foot of the statue of St Peter in the Vatican Square for luck)...just love and a closeness to God.
Our churches JUMP because we are the happiest of church goers.
Posted by Gibo, Tuesday, 8 July 2008 7:37:36 PM
Gibo, there is idolitry in the Pentecostal Churches. Many young people go to these churches simply because they love the music and somehow Christ is ignored. Many small Pentecostal Churches don't have the resources to put on a good musical performance but they are still worshipping the same God.

I know you don't like Hillsong that much and neither do I. Actually, I wish Hillsong would leave the AOG and become their own denomination, so that the AOG Church I attend is not connected with them.
Posted by Steel Mann, Wednesday, 9 July 2008 8:35:39 AM
"we are the happiest of church goers" - if true that does not say much for the rest of them.

Seriously though as a part of that overall movement you see the bits you like and brush over the stuff that does not reflect your views of what it's all about as do people in almost any movement/group. A catholic may love a whole bunch of things about they practices of their church and for the most part put aside the bits that don't reflect what they think the church is about. The same with other denominational groups.

I pick on AOG a bit because the language gets clumsy for the whole movement and they have been associated with so many scandles and in my view they are one of the more conceited arrogant christain groups. They spend so much time telling themselves that they have something that others don't they many actually start to believe it, effective marketting but not reality.

As an outsider who has had a lot to do with penticostals over many years they have been the most miserable, greedy, grasping and shallow christians I've known amongst those who treat faith as something other than a part of their culture.

Some notable exceptions but for the most part I've seen people who are much more about self than those from other christain denominations. My impression is that many are the christian equivalent of binge drinkers or rave party goers, quite convinced that you the only happiness lies in their recreations and seemingly unware of the deeper joy of those who don't do it their way.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 9 July 2008 9:08:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All