The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Now, We are A Police State

Now, We are A Police State

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
I’m all the way with CJ;

The concept of special laws for special circumstances, imposed by a government without consultation with the public or apparently even with legal or civil rights experts is repugnant.

We need effective laws for crowd control that are uniform, clear-cut, and very well researched and debated before their implementation. Of course, we should have had this many years ago.

We don’t need the pope or some enormous religious carry-on in this country.

Harking back to Steel’s introductory post;

The wearing of a T shirt that expresses an opinion without being overtly offensive should most definitely not be an offence. A $5500 fine for such a thing is beyond outrageous. Our free speech and freedom of expression must be protected.

We don’t need much heavier and more restrictive laws. What we need is a more effective police force that is up to the task of policing the laws that we have…..and a government and police department that can tell us the precise parameters of all manner of laws and then make sure that they are policed evenly and fairly.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 3 July 2008 7:49:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think a lot of the problem here is a lack of acceptance of individual initiative.

It seems to me the higher powers are too scared to leave the police to do some policing and use their own judgement based on their experience and the existing laws.

This ideal seems to be everywhere. It's a slippery slope. Once you start making all employees drones to a system, you spend all your time maintaining the system to allow for every eventuality, and your employee base also lose the ability to think for themselves. I suppose that's why governments are so fond of systems.

It's part of what I was banging on about in my 'computer says no' topic.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Thursday, 3 July 2008 9:52:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gibo,

"But mjpb...you were indoctrinated from an early age... and as one priest is known to have said, "If we get them in the first seven years, we have them for life". Were you got?"

I was indoctrinated from an early age but I don't believe I was got. I was indoctrinated into atheism. However lacking sufficient faith to get too zealous about atheism. I looked at religions and settled on Christianity.

"The Holy Bible is VERY clear... the focus is to be on the Man Who was on the Cross but is now Risen."

It certainly is.

"HE is what Christianity is all about!"

I'm sure the Pope would love to see you type that. You may take rumours too seriously but at least you got something right. Our Lord is number 1. He should be our major priority and we should take what he says as authoritative.

"I read a story a few years ago that the Jesuits were gun running in Africa to aid the spread of "church" doctrine.
Pitting one side in a guerilla war against the other...isnt that what they do?"

They probably do that during breaks from other irreligious activities...but I didn't have in mind the reality of the often secularised order. I was thinking about the rumour that they were a type of mafia for the Pope. In reality they are often very anti-Catholic and hardly helpful to the Pope.

"My little church really jumps because The Holy Spirit is moving in miracles, healings and Words of Knowledge."

Don't forget spreading silly rumours about Catholics.

"You wont find that in the RC Empire."

In the Roman Catholic Church you will find just about anything. There are a heck of a lot of Catholics out there.

"Its all the Vatican, the Pope for world leader of ONE WORLD CHURCH etc etc."

If you are interested the reality is that it is all about scripture, prayer and worship of Jesus. Is your pastor telling you fairy stories to keep you in his little church?
Posted by mjpb, Thursday, 3 July 2008 10:12:54 AM
Much of my knowledge mjpb re: the RC global empire, incorporating their (coming) ONE WORLD CHURCH (theyve been building it for decades) and its persecution of true christian believers who worship outside of the RC Empire, comes from Chic Publications in the USA and from the testimony of an ex-RC Jesuit named Alberto Riviera.
Alberto was up high in the Jesuits in the RC system when he met the Black Pope.
The Black Pope he said, when he went to kiss his hand, had a ring on his finger which had the masonic mitre and square symbol on it...showing the connection at upper levels bewteen the RC Empire and the Masons. I believe his testimony.
You didnt says anything about the Black Pope?
Posted by Gibo, Thursday, 3 July 2008 10:29:42 AM
Gibo

Just say that you have the end time doctrine right. Is it going to make you love people any more or live righteously or witness for Christ more?I have studied many end time theories. I grew up in the Catholic church and know many of their teachings. I left 25 years ago when I was born again. I have met many Catholics who have faith in Christ and live sacrificial lives. Some even speak in tongues. Isn't it better to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to them as to whether they should stay or leave that system? Surely we are judged not on what organization we belong to but how we live our lives. Personally I believe my judgement was taken upon the body of the Lord Jesus Christ when He hung on the cross.

It is true that the RC history is atrocious. Many believers were martyred due to wicked leadership. This is not denied by many Catholics themselves. I am not sure how helpful it is to the gospel to focus on past atrocities.

I find it interesting that you link the Masonic Lodge with Rome. Generally they dislike each other immensely. Masons unfortunately have infiltrated many mainline churches. That that is one demonic organisation!
Posted by runner, Thursday, 3 July 2008 10:53:45 AM
I thought special police powers were "a once only" for APEC. It's a bit like the ANZ Bank back in the 1970s saying that there were only going to be seven or eight ATM machines in Victoria. The thin edge of the wedge, wherein those in power will set a precedent, now, only to expand the rare, now, to become the common day, later.

In NSW, I seem to recall something about breath testing by police to a temporary measure, while the Service conducted a demographic study on drink driving, giving them the power, for the first time, to pull over a driver, without an offense committed, to look at their licence.
Posted by Oliver, Thursday, 3 July 2008 11:22:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13