The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Live cattle trade to Egypt to resume

Live cattle trade to Egypt to resume

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 39
  10. 40
  11. 41
  12. All
Hi all

Dickie, I've run out of posts on the other thread, but if we could do a live export evil walk nationally, Yabby and Co could do their "nude frolic" as a protest demo. Of course, you are absolutely right about delusional psychosis.

Guys, I know a really great psychiatrist in Melbourne (my cousin) who is fascinated by delusions, particularly those to do with self-aggrandizement. There are drugs which can HELP you, honest!

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Tuesday, 13 May 2008 11:53:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ooh....I do believe we've upset Mr Woollyflops, Nicky.

Thwarted his delusions?

Best we tell him you're spoken for eh?
Posted by dickie, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 11:34:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie I had a look into the ovaries cutting thing you were talking about and I can tell you that we dont do it and I think it is only practiced in QLD and NT on the big stations. I don’t know enough about it to comment so I will sit on the sidelines for that one.

Nicky you implied that they were Australian cattle. I do remember the video shown on 60min and it was said that the animals on the film were Australian and this was proven to be a total lie.

I am sure that in the 3rd world there are many horrible things done to their animals just like the horrible things that are done to people. If you have a problem with the way people treat their animals in the middle east go there and protest. Don’t try and drag Australians into your argument because it is 2 totally separate issues. As I said the things you say the people there do to cattle cant be done to Australian cattle becasue they are not docile enoguh.

The reason the animals are killed in the way they are is

1. for Allah so that they face Mecca when they die (cow being stab in the eye and head turned so as to be facing Mecca)

2. The tendons are cut so as to make the animal unable to walk.

I do agree that these are both horrible things but don’t try and paint Australians with the same brush as you paint the muslims.

If they were going to kill Australian cattle they would need to be put in a steel race (which would obviously be facing Mecca) and they would use a steel crush to immobilise them (so no need to cut their tendons)

All of these things have been provided in Egypt by meat and livestock Australia at no cost to the Egyptians.
Posted by EasyTimes, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 5:38:30 PM
"Dickie I had a look into the ovaries cutting thing you were talking about and I can tell you that we dont do it and I think it is only practiced in QLD and NT on the big stations."

EasyTimes

This spaying is also legal in WA and Tasmania and possibly in Victoria. I'm perplexed with your terminolgy: "only." Are you endeavouring to justify this cruelty - even to one animal?

Furthermore, you say you "don't know enough about it" even though you're from a cattle farm.

"I do agree that these are both horrible things but don’t try and paint Australians with the same brush as you paint the muslims."

The Australian sheep and cattle industry are no less sadistic than the Muslims as you are now well aware EasyTimes.

I have provided you with official Australian government documentation on the surgical spaying of livestock without painkillers.

Therefore, please, spare me any more of the fake protestations.

I'm already filled to capacity with spin from the decaying carcasses of morality in the livestock industry and the devils who strut our halls of parliament.
Posted by dickie, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 7:24:36 PM
Hi all

EasyTimes. if the semantics concern you I suggest you re-read the original post. The reference was to "cattle" (non-specified). Expert opinion suggests that they were in fact Australian, it just could not be proven beyond doubt at that time. And Animals Australia has proven on several occasions that it did indeed happen, to coutless Australian cattle, and that the slaughter facilities provided by MLA were not used. See the "Sixty Minutes" transcript where the Egyptian vet attested to that. Then get your facts right.

The "docility" of cattle is as irrelevant as their nationality, when they are crippled by slashed leg tendons and blinded by knives in their eyes, but I take it you find that acceptable so long as they are facing Mecca.

There are no circumstances where such surgical spaying without anaesthesia should be permitted, and that you think it is okay that it occurs "only in NT and Queensland" is a sad indictment upon your industry. Shame on all of you. But then, so much of what you people do to animals - including exporting them - is simply disgraceful. Hot iron branding is also still allowed. Try any of those on your cat or dog and see the consequences of that.

Dickie, I haven't read a response from Yabby to my very constructive suggestion. I'll get back to you!

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 7:51:03 PM
Hi all

It's a bit sad, the apparent apathy over cattle being sent to Egypt again, after all we've seen and all we know.

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Friday, 16 May 2008 7:19:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 39
  10. 40
  11. 41
  12. All