The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Live cattle trade to Egypt to resume

Live cattle trade to Egypt to resume

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. 40
  9. Page 41
  10. All
#PALE, it hardly ...

RSPCA hold main stream veiws towards people eating meat which enables us to reach more fair minded people. Some people are playing straight into the Government and medias hands by holding rallies protesting others eating meat.

That only ensures that the government and media brand ALL people protesting animal cruelty as extremists making it harder for everyone to help the animals.

#You clearly feel ...
I am not defaming anybody. We have in response to your abuse defended ourselves nothing more.

I have said many times that there are a lot of good people working for animals in all sorts of groups and many who are not members of any.

For example I have all the time in the world for such people as Lyn White and Mark Pearson and many many others.

Why do you involve yourself with things that are of no concern to you and that you have no knowledge of.
You have no idea of the background you keep bringing up and I see no reason for you to contiune to do so other than you wish to be a trouble maker or your doing it on behalf of someone else.

Either way I really am not interested. I have always said I do not believe that you are working by yourself but care little anyway.

The main thing is that the animals need as many people as possible informing public of what our Government allows in intensive farms and live exports and labs.

I prefer to concentrate on that.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 20 August 2008 10:10:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALE

I know that tens of thousands of South Koreans marched in protest over the imports of US beef. No doubt they were aware that American slaughter houses have been processing downer cattle for human consumption. The main fear for the Koreans was the potential for US beef to be infected with Mad Cows' Disease.

When you state:

"Some people are playing straight into the Government and medias hands by holding rallies protesting others eating meat."

In Australia PALE? That's certainly news to me. Could you provide me with a link please?
Posted by dickie, Wednesday, 20 August 2008 11:09:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll rest my case with Yabby, because we are back to the gender-based insults, and nothing even remotely original, interesting or significant.

I almost rest my case with PALE too, after that little monologue. PALE, you attack Mark Pearson and Animals Australia, whom Lyn White represents so capably, in almost every post on every thread. You cannot therefore expect to be immune. Also, you have no way of knowing what I know about, so do try to be a little less presumptuous. Your bullying behaviour does nothing to promote an image of a healthy organization in the business context, nor do your communication skills present anything resembling a professional organization.

Like Dickie, I would like to know where these rallies are that are supposedly exhorting people not to eat meat. I have pointed out before - multiple times - that the majority of members of the mainstream animal advocacy groups depend on public donations, and the vast majority of that support would come from people who eat meat. Again, do try to be less presumptuous.

Animals Australia's intensive pig farming campaign is not telling people not to eat pork, it is telling them to eat intensively farmed pork. Its "Free Betty" campaign urges people not to buy caged eggs, and provides information about meat chicken farming. None of the rallies I have attended in various states have even attempted to promote a vegetarian or vegan agenda, so if you have information on such rallies, do share it.

So PALE and the RSPCA really are not alone in encouraging the "mainstream" - that is being done for you; you just want to try and discredit what the others do because they are more successful than PALE is. I would actually be curious to know how many intensive farming operations PALE has in fact visited, filmed and documented, and what PALE can tell us about laboratory animals and vivisection. Is this a new tangent?

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 20 August 2008 11:44:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie
Actually that not why they are protesting really but never mind .

You and your googles. Try surfing the net and see how many times the words animal extremists come up by the media when reporting on a story.

Nicky

Your comments are extrordinary but I should be used to that by now. We have always got alone very well with Mark and hold him in high regard. As well as we have said a million times on OLO Lyns great.

Lets take a look at this next comment by ou Nicky and examine whats behind it=

#I would actually be curious to know how many intensive farming operations PALE has in fact visited, filmed and documented, and what PALE can tell us about laboratory animals and vivisection. Is this a new tangent?#

I think Nicky its pretty clear to anybody still reading this thread like many before you have a problem with pale.

Now here the thing- If? you really cared for animals as you say you do then you wouldnt be so nasty to anybody else working to help animals regardless of how little or much they do.

Its really clear to most people you only came into OLO to rubbish our organisation and I personally believe you are both doing that on behalf of others.

Whatever. I really couldnt care less. You bore me TBO

We are just getting on with doing as much as possible when we can. Frankly we all have lives to live as well and I refuse to spend hours replying to your childish rubbish.

'
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 21 August 2008 12:31:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*because we are back to the gender-based insults*

Nicky dear, the problem is not that you are female. There
are plenty of females working in agriculture. The problem
is that you don't understand the industry or how and why it functions
and are commenting from a position of ignorance.

All the paper shuffling in the world, is not going to give
you that experience.

So the real problem, is your ignorance.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 21 August 2008 4:28:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. 40
  9. Page 41
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy