The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. 23
  17. All
mhaze,

Read your previous post. - and your comments about
women with cocks and how uncomfortable that would make
other women feel. (trooly women as you said).

Your Trumpster tactics of denial - don't work here old chap.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 August 2024 3:07:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, ya dill, you accused me of making judgements about " the behaviour of how a transgender may or may not behave in a female WC". But I made no such judgements. I was talking about the reactions of the women not the actions of the trans.

But I'll drop it - we all know this level of subtlety is beyond you and that you are a past master at claiming black is white when you realise you are wrong.

Back to the issue.

The biggest problem here, by orders of magnitude, is that these trans delusions are being foisted on kids. Puberty blockers are being used to halt the natural physical development of kids so that they won't develop adult genitalia or things like breasts. It is said that the halt is temporary but the evidence against that is overwhelming.

While it is absolutely illegal to provide things like cigarettes and alcohol to kids under any circumstances, doctors and the medical fraternity can medicate kids to alter their life trajectory based upon nothing more than the delusions of those kids. Its a crime against humanity right under our noses, no better and probably much worse than the lobotomy debacle of the last century.

Women being forced to share their space with delusional (or worse) blokes is one thing. Kids have their life ruined because of a juvenile delusion is a very different thing.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 29 August 2024 3:42:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

What you say, you don't mean.

I get it now.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 August 2024 3:44:29 PM
mhaze,

Do you feel that changing my wording to “ciswomen” makes what I say more absurd, or was that just a typo?

So, sports was the first thing to come to mind then? That wouldn’t be my first concern. But then, listing restroom safety as a point of concern after all the fuss you made in your failed attempt to portray me as a clutz would mean you’d have to eat your own words, I suppose.

It’s a pity. I was all geared up for that one.

I understand your concern about transgender people in sports. It’s been a concern of mine, too, ever since I read this article:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/27/517491492/17-year-old-transgender-boy-wins-texas-girls-wrestling-championship

But these issues are slowly being addressed with various means of categorisation such as hormone testing.

You’ve mischaracterised the laws you mentioned. These laws focus on preventing abuse and harassment. They don’t criminalise accidental misgendering or casual misstatements. Legal consequences typically arise only in cases of persistent, intentional, and harmful behaviour.

As for medical treatments for transgender youth, puberty blockers have been used for decades to treat conditions like precocious puberty. It’s about giving young people more time to explore their identity before the onset of permanent physical changes, not to "foist delusions" onto them, as you so emotively and incorrectly put it.

The process involves an entire team of medical professionals and involves psychologists, psychiatrists and endocrinologists. The aim is to act in the best interests of the child after considering all the available evidence.
Posted by John Daysh, Thursday, 29 August 2024 4:17:16 PM
Personally, I accept that gender (in the modern woke sense of the word) is different from sex (in the biological sense). For me gender is a social construct, BUT dependent on biological sex. So how does this work?

Well, in my world-view: to be a man (man in the gender sense) you must be firstly male by biological sex (ie: have XY sex-chromosomes and without major development problems) and then live predominately by the societal norms of men as well as identify as a man.

Likewise, to be a woman (in the gender sense) you must be firstly female by sex and then live as a women and identify as a women.

So where does that leave people who identify contrary to their biological sex? What is their gender?
I'll start by saying what they're NOT: If a human is born a biological male but they later on adopt the female societal norms and identify as female they are NOT a man by gender (although they are a male by sex). Similarly, if a person is born female but when older decides to identify as a man, they are NOT a women by gender.

Instead the gender of these people is.. wait for it.. drum-roll please--- TRANS. So these types of people are neither classified as man nor woman (by gender) but in a separate class. Note that this gender classification is a broad one and can be further divided into subcategories, such as male-to-female trans.

-- continued below --
Posted by thinkabit, Thursday, 29 August 2024 8:27:49 PM
-- form above --

So according to my opinion, when should you be able to discriminate against them?

In a situation where it is currently legally allowed to discriminate by gender (eg: a social club/group that is for women only- such as a female soccer team, or a job that is for women- such as a female prostitute) then I'm of the opinion that you should be allowed to discriminate against transgender people.
Note that the discrimination may also go the other way. For example, folk can set up a soccer competition for teams with exclusively trans players.

On the other hand, in a situation where it is currently illegal to discriminate by gender (eg: a social club with a constitution that states it is open to all, or a job/profession that may be competently conducted by any gender eg: builder, nurse, engineer, receptionist, professor) then you cannot discriminate against trans people.
But note that it should be illegal the other way to, that is, unless a job intrinsically requires a specific gender a business cannot employ a trans person in preference to a non-trans because of their gender. For example, if a theatrical production has the part of a male-to-female trans person and a woman (woman by my concept of gender) turns up at the audition and demonstrates that she can competently play the part (ie: she can act well enough to portray herself convincingly as a man who identifies as a women) she shouldn't be denied the job because she is a women by gender.
Posted by thinkabit, Thursday, 29 August 2024 8:31:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12