The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Cashless Society Will Cost Us - Bigtime

A Cashless Society Will Cost Us - Bigtime

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
The eventual biggest losers of a cashless system will be those supporting its introduction !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 30 May 2024 6:47:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The lack of Internet security is the number one handicap for a cashless society !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 30 May 2024 6:50:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Critic,

«But she's smart enough kid to already know that school doesn't teach you everything.»

I also never expected school to teach me, I knew exactly why I go to school - to save my parents, so they are not taken to jail.

Home schooling was not legally an option at the time, nor any private schools. Still, my mother taught me chemistry and statistics, my father taught me maths and astronomy, the rest I learned from books and encyclopaedias, here and there also from an uncle or aunt.

My parents explained me about this law at the age of 5,
that all children must go to school, and if they fail to go, then police would come and take their parents to prison.

Fair enough, I had no other expectations, I knew exactly why I have to spend that many hours a day suffering, sitting bored with arms folded in class pretending to listen to things I knew long ago, then in between, before and after, be beaten and stoned by the other children. I knew and accepted that this is life and this is the price I need to pay for having a Mom and a Dad, rather than losing them and being taken into an orphanage which is 1000's of times worse.

One good thing, however, was the way to and from my first school - one kilometre walk through an open field and a forest. I always enjoyed that time on my own out in nature.

«Maybe the distribution of cash should not be in the hands of private banks, by default.
It's a government responsibility»

I agree that the function of the creation and distribution of money should be in public hands.

Just, "public" need not be synonymous with "government".
What we need is independent institutions which are truly generated by the grassroots public and for the grassroots public, rather than imposed on us by hostile, predator governments.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 30 May 2024 11:57:17 PM
Sounds like you had an interesting upbringing Yuyutsu.
The being 'beaten and stoned by the other children' part doesn't sound like it was much fun, though.

Cashless society

Why won't either of our leaders with baked bean size testicles just come out and commit to cash?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 1 June 2024 7:08:45 AM
6 December 2023

“Today the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has authorised the main users of cash including banks, retailer providers and Australia Post to undertake industry discussions ensuring cash remains readily available to all Australians.”

The Australian Banking Association said that it would “ensure that people who need or want to use cash can still get access to it”.

At the time it was reported that “there has never been more banknotes in circulation at any point in Australia’s history”.

“As Australians, we are using much less cash, but we will not be cash-less any time soon.” (ABA).

“Cash continues to be a very important way for many people to pay for the things they need either at a local pub or bakery and even very low cash users rely on it when eftpos systems experience an outage including in natural disasters or times of crisis.” (Treasurer, Jim Chalmers).

That was only last year. What has happened since? Has the Albanese government copped out and allowed the loud-mouthed bullies with their own agendas to call the tune?

Once again we must ask: ‘who is running this country?’
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 1 June 2024 8:19:09 AM
Not a single institution can guarantee security for a cashless system !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 4 June 2024 10:42:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11