The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Cashless Society Will Cost Us - Bigtime

A Cashless Society Will Cost Us - Bigtime

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
Paul

Still having reading problems, I see.

I said: “WTF! It is up to voters to decide their preferences, not the Liberal Party or any other party.” So, yes: I'm aware. It's you who is not aware of my awareness.

I have no way of knowing how many voters are too lazy or too disinterested to use the preferential system intelligently instead of voting the way particular parties want them to. But I do know it's enough to keep us supplied with some of the worst politicians in the democratic world, election after election.

As for putting the Greens at the bottom, of course it will put all others closer to the top. That's the idea of preferential voting.

Who comes out on top, no matter what you think of them, forms a government. Unfortunately, it will be either Labor or Liberal, hopefully without the influence of the Communist Greens, who have just shown themselves to be anti-Semitic lunatics whom even Albanese the Trot now blanches at. The Greens have crossed the Rubicon; gone beyond the pale.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 8 June 2024 12:12:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, if I offer legal tender and they refuse to accept it, so what
I tried to pay with the national currency so whats their complaint ?
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 8 June 2024 4:45:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another example, I pay a number of bills using Paypal one being Coles
a couple of times a month and the bill total is exactly what I put to
Pay Pal and is exactly what is deducted from my account.
So if the charge is there it must be in the shelf price of the goods.
My reason for using Paypal rather than credit card is because I do not
have to spray my card details everywhere I buy on line.
I paid my car insurance with NRMA $888 and the same is deducted from
my bank account.
I had an ANZ card but they put charges on once a year so I turfed them.
It is still a mystery to me.
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 8 June 2024 5:00:28 PM
ttbn,

From my experience qith scrutineering formal votes at election time in the past, around 80% are as per HTV's. You can also determine how preferences flowed by comparing the primary vote to the final two party preferred result.

As for the red neck apologists in Australia for Zionist genocide in Gaza, oh dear they are getting all upset, getting their nickers in a knot, dear oh me, with the Greens calling for compassion for the innocent people of Palestine, I like many don't give a damn what the grubs on the reactionary side of the fence might call for, or don't call for. In fact, if the grubs heckles weren't raised like they are then The Greens are failing in their duty.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 8 June 2024 5:09:53 PM
Baz

The irritating fact is that they do not have to accept cash, and you would be charged with theft. Sorry. But that’s the way it is.

We have to rely on the banks’, including the RBA's, assurance that they will make cash available as long as people want it, and there are shops that will accept cash.

Not all businesses are anti-cash. Many of them take electronic payments because customers want it. There is nothing “inevitable” about cash disappearing anytime soon, just because certain blowbags say so.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 8 June 2024 5:58:57 PM
Paul

I accept your assertion that 80% of votes might be as per the how to vote card; and that is why we are in the mess we are in, and why the majority of people deserve what they get.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 8 June 2024 6:02:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12