The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Cashless Society Will Cost Us - Bigtime

A Cashless Society Will Cost Us - Bigtime

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
Dear Critic,

«Every single student was FORCED, and I DO mean FORCED, to write “I’m sorry” letters/posters to the indigenous people, and WHY they are personally sorry.»

This is classic child abuse and I am not sure it to be not worse than of the sexual kind.

That teacher will be forced to write billions if not trillions of "I'm sorry" letters, down in hell where she will go once she dies, that with arthritic hands!

Meanwhile, it is the parent's responsibility:
1) not to send their child to such a government-funded school.
2) to teach their child at home that the regime and the teachers it employs are an enemy, not a friend, and that she should tell her little friends that are not fortunate enough as herself and sent to such schools, that they should never believe them and not be afraid to disobey the evil teachers there.

---

Dear Ttbn,

«Life is too complicated to be switching accounts around.»

Life is indeed getting more complicated and miserable with the forcing of "technology" on us, but I was not suggesting that you switch accounts, only hold several in parallel with different banks. You can do it online even if the bank has no branches around you, most banks do not charge you anything to have a standard bank account and you can always keep $1 in each, just so it remains open.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 1:04:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"You have gone right off the reservation. I just hope the ‘silent majority’ is more interested in being ripped off by Big Banks, Big Business and political arseholes than OLO posters are."
- Maybe it was worthy of a thread, sorry.

Cashless societies, First point - big business is in cahoots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Meeting
"The Bilderberg Meeting (also known as the "Bilderberg Group", "Bilderberg Conference" or "Bilderberg Club") is an annual off-the-record forum established in 1954 to foster dialogue between Europe and North America. The group's agenda, originally to prevent another world war, is now defined as bolstering a consensus around free market Western capitalism and its interests around the globe."

One thing I noticed was that they used the pandemic to further push this cashless agenda.

A lot of the multinational fast food chains have apps.
They originally had cash payment options, but during the pandemic the option was removed and was never brought back.
These 'apps' have special offers; if your living on a budget or just being frugal, the offers can save money, but you can't get access to them if you don't pay electronically.
- So there's a 'trend' to link special offers to electronic payments.

People can save a lot of money these days with online deals, over and above what you pay from a retailer with a shopfront;
All these online deals you see for example - are all linked to electronic payments.

Then we have these new payment systems like afterpay, zip-pay etc.
There's a fee to the merchant, but using the services leads to increased sales.
Do the retailers inflate the price (and profit margins) of their products in order to cover the potential costs of these new payment services?

Regards the kids having the indigenous 'education' crammed down their throats, interesting sometimes that you get Aussie news from a foreign news source (dailymail.uk) but the Aussie media isn't reporting it.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a big blow up about this stuff in schools in the coming days or weeks.
It must have to do with this 'National Sorry Day'
http://www.reconciliation.org.au/national-sorry-day-2020/
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 7:28:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The kid I shared the story about, she's pretty cluey.

I told her yesterday, she's not responsible for things that happened before she was born.
She doesn't have to be sorry for something that she hasn't done.

I told her it's ok to feel sorry for what happened to indigenous people, but she doesn't have to be sorry in a way that implies she was responsible, and she doesn't have to feel guilty for something she didn't do.
- But I think she pretty much knows that already.

The pale-skinned little redhead used to play with indigenous kids including boys anyway.
She's neither a racist or an uncaring, hateful kid.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 7:30:44 AM
Hi Yuyutsu,
"Meanwhile, it is the parent's responsibility:
1) not to send their child to such a government-funded school.
2) to teach their child at home that the regime and the teachers it employs are an enemy, not a friend, and that she should tell her little friends that are not fortunate enough as herself and sent to such schools, that they should never believe them and not be afraid to disobey the evil teachers there."

1) Every now and again mum carries on about wokeness overreach in the schools and considers home schooling, but there's pro's and cons.
She can't afford the cost of private school education.
In some ways it's better that kids aren't shielded from everything going on in the world, but state schools aren't always a good or safe place, especially nowadays. This kid has a fully devoted mum who wont allow the school system to fill her head with crap, she makes sure her daughter is well grounded when it comes to all these modern day agendas.
2) I'm not sure she teaches her that the teachers are all the enemies, but she does teach her daughter that's there's more to all these agendas.
The kid is one that genuinely wants to be good and do well.

When I told her the things I explained in the previous comment yesterday, "You don't have to be sorry for something you didn't do" she was hesitant to say those things in the classroom as she doesn't want to get in trouble.

But she's smart enough kid to already know that school doesn't teach you everything.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 7:56:27 AM
The big heads who describe as "Luddites" people who disagree with, or who are genuinely concerned about, the growing use of technology are either very forgetful or very stupid in ignoring the recent blatant examples of the unreliability of technology. Optus. Banks. Shops. ATMs: blacked out and useless. No cash - no business.

Then there are the soaring cases of internet fraud and scams.

Technology is just as unreliable as renewable energy is. But hey, keep sneering, when you take your heads out of your arseholes long enough, and she'll be right, mate.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 8:39:36 AM
ttbn,

The surcharge you pay isn't imposed by the banks. The banks are providing a service to the business you deal with and charge them for the service. If you've every worked in a place which is cash-dominant, as I have, you'll understand why all businesses rush to get EFTPOS machines as soon as they are available.

So the business gets a valuable service from the bank and pay the bank for that service. Welcome to capitalism.

Now some, maybe most, businesses seek to pass that expense onto their customers. Welcome to capitalism. Said customers aren't required to pay the surcharge. They can either elect to pay in cash or seek out a business that doesn't charge the surplus. Its not like its a secret - all businesses that charge it are required to post the fee in their premises.

So what you're really complaining about is that you want the convenience of being able to walk into any store you like, use the most convenient form of payment, (ie card) which is provided at a cost to the store, but which you think you should get for free.

That's not how the world works.

I don't like surcharges either and would prefer to not pay them. I find Sunday surcharges particularly annoying, given that Sunday is hardly an unexpected event. But I realise that the business incurs extra costs on Sunday and if I want them open on Sunday I have to pay for that privilege. Welcome to capitalism.

ttbn, the world is moving on. You personaly may not like it, but it doesn't care.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 9:10:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13