The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is the Origin of the Palestinian People?

What is the Origin of the Palestinian People?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. ...
  14. 26
  15. 27
  16. 28
  17. All
A terrorist organisation has dug a network of fortified tunnels and formed an army with a large arsenal. Its sole purpose is the destruction of Israel.

Israel has every right to destroy the war machine directed against her. Unless Israel does so Hamas will keep attacking Israeli citizens.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 5 November 2023 1:48:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi AC,

Any rational person who wants to be well informed
can do their research on the Palestinian people.

Encyclopedias from Britannica, and others, and historians
tell us that the Palestinian people, are an
ethnonational group descending from people who have
inhabited the region over the millenia.

Despite various wars, expulsions, and a troubled past
and present, the Palestinian population continues to
reside in the territory of the former Mandatory Palestine
now encompassing the West Bank and the Gaza Strip as well
as Israel.

This combined area as of 2022 Palestinians constituted
a demographic majority with an estimated population of 7,503
million or 51.16% (as compared to Jews at 46-47%) of all
inhabitants taking in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank and
East Jerusalem and almost 21% of the population of Israel.

The question of Israel's legal right to exist is one of the
most emotively charged questions in the vocabulary of
international law and politics.

It also brings out the exterminationist rhetoric of
numerous Arab and Islamic politicians and ideologues
not least of which is the present President of Iran.

It's a heart-wrenching situation.

In June 2009 US President Barack Obama said:

"Israel must acknowledge that just as Israel's right to
exist cannot be denied, neither can Palestine's."
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 November 2023 1:56:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fester,

Getting rid of one terrorist movement won't solve
the conflict. Unless Israel stops its denigration
and dehumanization of the Palestinian people -
nothing will change.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 November 2023 2:00:47 PM
AC wrote: "I told mhaze this weeks ago, but he just couldn't get it through his head
The land was not unpopulated prior to 1948.

I challenge AC to show anywhere where I said that the land was "unpopulated prior to 1948".

I say this knowing:
1. I never made such an assertion.
2. AC just made the claim up
3. That I've made AC look so foolish over the past few weeks that this is his only recourse ie making up false assertions about what I have and haven't said.

The area is question was never unpopulated. But it was sparsely populated in the 19th century and was barely productive. That is why the Ottomans were anxious to import settlers and, upon finding that the Jews were able to make the land productive, the Ottomans sought to import even more Jews. The then inhabitants were happy to sell largely unusable land at inflated prices to the new Jewish arrivals but later became disgruntled when those new arrivals made the land flourish.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 5 November 2023 2:23:25 PM
AC links to this report..."http://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1720430318484627526"

commenting that "Tens of dead bodies including children and women are strewn across the coastal road “Rasheed Street” after the Israeli military slaughtered them. These are families who were fleeing to south Gaza."

Apparently the cyclist is pointing out that there are no bomb blasts and calling into question whether the deaths were caused by Israel. By AC isn't interested in that.

Meanwhile in other reports about the killings....

"Breaking News: Just now, #Hamas snipers have reportedly killed dozens of children and women on the streets, targeting those attempting to travel from north to south #Gaza and those displaying white flags as a sign of peace. Similar acts have previously been attributed to Palestinian and #Hezbollah terrorists in Syria. They do not want civilians to leave; they want to use them as human shields and kill anyone who attempts to leave. Hamas terrorists in Gaza will, as usual, blame #Israel because it is easy and there is media that accepts this propaganda."

As I've previously said, those who fell so easily for the Gaza bombing lies, haven't learned a single thing and will continue to fall for all of Hamas' tales.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 5 November 2023 2:30:38 PM
"Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”

Golda Meir.

"The truth is that if Israel were to put down its arms there would be no more Israel. If the Arabs were to put down their arms there would be no more war."

Netanyahu.

The antisemites here won't understand those words.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 5 November 2023 2:39:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19