The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Fall Of The American :

The Fall Of The American :

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 23
  15. 24
  16. 25
  17. All
Hi AC,

You are well versed in the Russian narrative, but much of it doesn't seem logical to me, not least the dprs being established independently of Russian influence. Similarly, citing discrimination for speaking Russian seems a stretch in an essentially bilingual country, but I commend you for having the interest and care to form and share your substantial knowledge.

On the war front, the Russians still have great advantage in troop numbers, artillery and ammunition. Of late they have been experimenting with concentrated armoured attacks using older equipment, and it seems to have been more successful than sending waves of infantry, especially since the Ukrainian army began deploying Maxim guns. The Ukrainians are becoming much better at targeting Russian forces as they are preparing to attack, have prioritised the targeting of artillery detection radar as well as anti-aircraft and anti-tank guided missile systems, and are improving the capability of drones. Russian mortar squads have been more difficult to combat. The biggest problem for Russia is that they are losing their electronic surveillance and combat systems faster than they can be replaced. Russia will be at an increasing disadvantage if they cant see where the Ukrainians are.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 25 March 2023 9:20:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pauliar,

Considering that you are happy for Ukraine to surrender their land and people to the Russians to be subjugated, tortured, and murdered I consider that fwittery of the first order. Also, the assumption that once Russia rebuilds its army that it won't come for more is the height of delusion.

AC,

Most of the people in Crimea and Donbas voted overwhelmingly to leave the USSR and Russia in 1991. The Russian soldiers dressing up as separatists and phoney referendums don't fool anyone.

Russia is prepared to negotiate only if Ukraine surrenders Crimea and the other 4 oblasts that Russia has partially occupied. What a joke.

Russia is going to lose this war and Ukraine will get its lands back and with NATO's help have an army that Russia cannot match.
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 25 March 2023 9:50:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi again Fester,

Until people of goodwill on both sides sit down at the negotiating table and present their arguments, and then look to compromise, there can be no end to this murder and destruction. As for the sticking point over disputed territory, let those living there exercise 'self determination' and choose their future, be it with Ukraine, or be it with Russia. As for Putin, he is the undisputed leader of Russia, love him or hate him, he has to be negotiated with, just like any other world leader.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 25 March 2023 12:31:54 PM
US commentator, Dave Rubin, says that the America's spending of $160 billion to help Ukraine means that the US is obviously at war with Russia. Just an opinion, I suppose, but a well informed one. Pay other people to kill and get killed.

It has been said earlier that the US wants the conflict to continue until there is a regime change in Russia. But, China has already said that it might help Russia in the same way as the US is helping Ukraine. If this stuff keeps going, the US - and probably the rest of the West - mind find itself doing a lot more than just paying Ukraine.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 25 March 2023 1:14:11 PM
Hi Paul,

Yes, it is a horrible conflict, and after all the years of occupation with controlled media, I don't think that the Ukrainian army will be welcomed as liberators if they manage to drive out the Russian army. I don't see either country interested in negotiation at present, at least not until after a Ukrainian counteroffensive.

It is much worse for Ukraine than Russia at present. Further, Russia faces no threat of invasion, so I don't buy them playing the victim.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 25 March 2023 2:45:44 PM
All I can say is to watch this.
This girl Masha, hated the invasion of Ukraine, so much so she packed up her stuff in Moscow or St Petersberg or wherever she was at the time, and went to Russia's far east.
To her, the 'Z' symbols everywhere were like swastikas.
She couldn't take it and left.
She was also good with english and by fate she met a western reporter who was going to the Donbass who needed an interpreter, she had to know the truth and agreed to go.
This is her story, if you watch it, you'll get a much better insight into what the people there actually think.

I took a LIBERAL, ANTI WAR Protester to see the truth in Donbass, and THIS Happened!
http://youtu.be/0OysQ7yQl_o
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 25 March 2023 3:05:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11