The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Multiculturalism: a simple defence > Comments

Multiculturalism: a simple defence : Comments

By Keith Kennelly, published 30/1/2006

Keith Kennelly argues there are advantages for us all in multiculturalism, even after Cronulla.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
I think Multiculturalism is okay, but not to the extent of changing the demographics/culture of the country.

Many people arrive in a country like Australia, for better life, better standards of living.. I think it's good to see it.

But, if they (immigrants) try to abuse the Australians and the host authorities tolerate them in the name of multiculturalism, then the trouble starts.
Posted by Blessed, Monday, 30 January 2006 7:14:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well,I keep hearing of allthese supposed "benefits" of Multiculuralism, but what they are nobody sems to know. But I have thought a bit about the other side of the coin.

1. The impotation of Muslim terrorists who want to blow us all up. Cost to Australia for increased security, $1 billion dollars.

2. The creation of ethnic ghettoes with high rates of welfare dependency and very serious criminal behaviour. The cost of crime in Australia per annum was assessed by the AIC who put the figure at $32 billion a year. What proportion of that is due entirely to importing crime and violence prone ethnic groups is anybodies guess. The various ethnic associations sucessfully lobbied the Federal government in 1991 to prevent the ABS from keping these statistics because they were obviously embarrassed about what any statistical analysis would reveal.

3. Ethnic branch stacking of Labor Party branches and political parties pork barrelling ethnic voting blocks before Federal elections, which is a violation of the principle of democracy.

4. The importation of large numbers of people on working visas who are earning God-knows-what working in their fellow countrymen's sweatshops, restaurants and building sites.

5. The remittance of large amounts of Australian cash to families living overseas who hurts Australia's economy.

6. An unknown number of Australians killed by immigrants who's driving habits in Sydney have to be seen to be believed.

7. An explosion in serious drug abuse centred on the Vietnamese capitol of Cabrammatta.

8. Australia's first political assassination in Cabramatta, that of NSW MLA John Newman by a drug lord.

9. Race riots.

10. The gang rape of dozens of Australian girls by Muslim race hate rape packs.

That will do for starters. Anybody think of any other "benefits"?
Posted by redneck, Monday, 30 January 2006 7:27:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sage

Democracy isn’t limited in its expression to the ‘Ballot Box’. Input by joining political parties, writing articles for publication in Media, publicly expressing opinions, attending demonstrations, merely chatting with others or even rioting are acceptable by most as expressions of democracy…even though disrespectful Australians don’t think so, rioting is illegal. I think you’ll find following the amount of concern expressed in most quarters the issues currently highlighted in Sydney will be addressed by Governments and prospective Governments at the next couple of elections. That’s as it should be. As it’s always been. Multiculturalism has never been raised as an issue in such a fashion by Australians and hence Politicians have never had the need to address this issue in relation to immigration policies. They will now.

Little agreeable

You make an interesting point and it’s worth exploring. I think we are left to define multiculturalism to ourselves. That’s fine. It doesn’t impose a white Australian view. It accommodates alternative individualistic views. The official policy is a broad brush approach but is specific in defence of the existing culture.

Coach

Read the Official Policy and definition of Multiculturalism. The case in Victoria is very important.
Read the article By Dirk Moses, Pogrom Talk and the truncated debate I engaged him. It became obvious Dirk could not argue with my conclusion. Which was: Australia is not a racist country.
‘No-one is comfortable with difference’. Do you really believe that?

Alchemist.

I bet if you walked into one of those shops with money in your hand you’d find the signs outside of little relevance to the owner or you.
God (Hi Boaz) I would not ask Europeans an opinion on anything. If I was spending money they’d bend over backwards to appease me. Or they’d deny they ‘ave un problem. Or they’d simply look at me with a silly look and ask in their particular language what does Australia matter, as in their particular little principality, they're the centre of the universe and they have the answers. Or they’ll say
‘Australien? Wo ist das?’

Stone the crows it's the word count nazi.
Posted by keith, Monday, 30 January 2006 7:46:34 PM
For those who continue to gaze at the lodestar of multiculturalism, as a guide to an amicable relationship with Muslims who hate the mores of Western societies, and who are also false believers of multiculturalism, they will no longer be able to find it as it has already fallen into a blackhole.

Not only as an outcome of recent events in the UK and in the Netherlands, as well as the events in Cronulla, but, also, in the events of the early 90s, when Greeks and Slavo-Macedonians were burning each others Christian churches, and when each of these communities were becoming diplomatic posts of their respective governments trying to win the support of the Australian government for their cause.

Go to my blog: NEMESIS http://congeorgekotzabasis.blogspot.com
Posted by Themistocles, Monday, 30 January 2006 7:54:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those who haven't read this 66-page statement, written two years ago by professor of liguistics and Anglican priest Mark Durie, and provided here - (http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/001307.php), it represents an exceptionally well researched and clearly written examination of the issues relating to Islam in Australia. I strongly urge everyone, including Muslims, to read it.

I first posted on this forum immediately following the protest and violence at Cronulla, Maroubra, etc. making it clear that I do not hate Muslims, despite being fully aware of the activities of the gangs made up primarily of youths of Lebanese Muslim heritage in Sydney over the past 10-15 years. I focused on the problem as a policing issue, in the light of former detective Tim Priest's article regarding the rise of Lebanese organised crime in Australia, specifically in Sydney, also written two years ago: http://www.quadrant.org.au/php/article_view.php?article_id=581

Up to this point I have rarely mentioned the issue of religion, but having read Mark Durie's 108 points and notes, I am now compelled to include the influence of Islamic teachings as a large part of the context within which the sensationally-dubbed 'race riots' occurred. This influence far exceeds the effects of Multiculturalism or immigration per se - the worst effects of immigration are clearly the impact on infrastructure, planning and the natural environment. CSIRO report on population, 'Future Dilemmas': http://www.cse.csiro.au/research/futuredilemmas/

To KRS1: Please read Professor Mark Durie's statement if you haven't already. What conclusions do you draw from it? Regarding Fred Nile, he is frequently attacked verbally and ridiculed about his ideas by many people. If anyone attempts even question any Muslim 'leader' however, they are immediately labelled such things as 'racist' or 'un-Australian' or 'intolerant'.

The cynical cartoons depicting Mohammed in newspapers in Denmark and Norway last week attracted outrage from Muslims across the globe, followed by boycotts of Danish products, whereas Islamic Jihad is waged daily, perpetually against non-Muslims everywhere guided by hateful doctrines. But the Danes and Norwegians apologise for fear of losing money and/or being targeted by terrorists, surrendering their right to free speech in the process. They have been successfully intimidated.
Posted by Ev, Monday, 30 January 2006 10:21:21 PM
As an Atheist I believe the argument Christian effect is as bad as islamic effect on society is ridiculous.

If one wants to argue a Christian stand one is free lobby and defeat it, with out intimidation or labelling as a “racist” or a “bigot” Have you heard the word xtian-aphobe? I haven’t. The Christians take it on the chin, as do the Atheists, the New Agers,

If I get called a racist one more time for my view of islam or islamists I’m gonna scream… with laughter, its so incredibly stupid. Sadly for actual racial problems it’s done the call of racist in so badly that its almost unusable in real situations now. The new word is “reverse discrimination” it’s so real now that it’s in court and winning cases.

It’s secular and non-secular that is the problem, Christians made the leap years ago, islam has not.

As for multicult… islam broke it. Take it up with the Islamists not the West. The West bothered to think about it, give it ago, I truly believe most people tried. Islam smashed it to smithereens.

A while ago a poster made a point on enforced PC Style multicult and natural multicult, worth thinking on I reckon.
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 1:57:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13