The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > African migration and what the developed world might do about it > Comments

African migration and what the developed world might do about it : Comments

By Guy Hallowes, published 3/5/2021

Currently the developed world's response is just to try to prevent migrants from entering their territories.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
The population in America might be "AGING" but in Australia and the UK, we are AGEING, with an 'e'. We are not ageing at the rate they are in Japan, and their very sensible little-or-no immigration is not the problem to them that it seems to be to the likes of Guy Hallowes.

Our stop the boats policy is working very well, and our island status stops any problems coming from faraway Africa. The legal African immigration has proved to be a disaster, and the nongs in Canberra appear to have got the message.

These same nongs now have to get the message about the stupidity of our "on-going and sustained population growth". Mass immigration should be regarded as a hostile act towards Australians.

The "the surge of people from Africa will continue" will not occur in Australia - it has never occurred; so, really, there is no point in this novelist talking about it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 3 May 2021 8:56:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The author has hit the nail on the head! I have one additional point. Side with an African Nation giving aid and development but at the cost of taking any unwanted immigrants from us. No need for years of legal wrangling and accusations of racism send them straight to our African friends and they can help them, whilst we help that nation.
Why some of then European nations have not thought of this makes me think that some people in power are happy to see their countries impoverished and destroyed.
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 3 May 2021 10:47:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am sick of people saying we are the world most successful multicultural country. We're not. Look at Canada, which has people from all sorts of backgrounds in its Parliament. We have not facilitated the full integration into our political process of people who migrated here. And our government has taken what I consider to be horrendous approaches to refugees, and now it is locking out its own citizens who are in India. So you can't even talk about good governance in this situation. Why are we so accepting of such horrors in locking out our citizens? we should be managing the Covid risk, not locking people out with harsh penalties.
Posted by countrygirl, Monday, 3 May 2021 10:57:56 AM
I think I agree with ttbn on this topic. An inherently wealthy but corrupt Afica needs to solve its problems at home rather than export them and their conflicts to the rest of the world.

I've had my fill of migrants who come here use our generosity to get an education and maybe a profession then endlessly bitch about our non-genocidal, white-dominated societal norms, forever and a day!

Our foreign aid needs to be directed exclusively to NGOs rather than corrupt governments that turn it into bullets used against their own people!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 3 May 2021 11:18:20 AM
The optimal maximum population for Australia - only one third of which is habitable and arable - has always been deemed to be 13 million. It is now close to 26 million, with Big Australia vandals intent on increasing the figure via mass immigration, mostly with people not in tune with our culture, because our traditional migrants are no longer interested in a country that is now not much better than their old one. Even the UK with its police state and appalling race and culture problems is no longer a big source of immigrants.

Here are some low population Western countries which are doing as well, if not better than Australia:

Belgium 11.5 million
Sweden 10.3 million
Israel 9.3 million
Austria 8.9 million
Switzerland 8.6 million
Hong Kong 7.4 million
Denmark 5.8 million
Norway 5.3 million

Size of economies, GDP figures might vary, but the populations of these countries are healthy and happy, and uninterested in moving to Australia. These days, we get only dags we don't need
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 3 May 2021 11:51:58 AM
Again agree with ttbn. Our population numbers are not supported y our current water reserves and supplies. We need to depopulate, by natural organic means and the repatriation of hate and misdirected anger.

To make that possible we need a very different economic template that is supported by a robust and productive manufacturing industry, automation, and the world's cleanest safest cheapest energy, i.e. MSR thorium. Neither much more expensive coal nor gas would allow any of that! As we face a world that will include carbon tariffs on all non-decarbonized manufacture, processing, and value-adding!

We need to export manufactured, value-added production. not finite raw materials and massive tariff weighed farm production.

If anyone thinks a hostile China will send tourists and genuine affable students in this lifetime? They need to apply logic's rites and critical thinking to their current thought proccesses! We need them and their investments resumed/money gone, not increased or amplified!

I get that a few quislings and polly waffling pollies may accrue some financial loss/embarrassment. But a price the rest are willing to have them pay!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 3 May 2021 12:20:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy