The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cronulla: finger pointing not the answer > Comments

Cronulla: finger pointing not the answer : Comments

By Jason Falinski, published 28/12/2005

Jason Falinski argues the Sydney riots were the result of government welfare policies which removed hope.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Jason's suggestion that removing the welfare system might create hope is far fetched and not realistic.

We have seen how the introduction of the GST which supposedly had to regulate the ‘cash’ deals and tax evasion has not done so.

The facts are that some groups of people will not integrate into the social fabric regardless.

To stop welfare is to take the candy out of the baby tiger's mouth.

Crime and riots will always follow.
Posted by coach, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 7:51:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's new...since when did two surf-lifesavers get stabbed? I was under the distinct impression three surf-lifesavers were bashed. Do you know something I don't?

I agree blame shouldn't be attribited. But all the people involved in violence should accept responsibility for their actions. Any solution must involve all sections of the community showing responsibility by recognising and accepting the behaviour of those, from their particular community, involved in violence. Then to condemn that behaviour and ensure those elements are made to feel their community expects them to take responsiblity for their actions. What shouldn't be done is for denial of basic facts to occur, as is happening in the Lebanese Muslim community, particularly with those involved in violent racist attacks prior to the Cronulla RIOT.

That is being done by almost every commentator at present, including the current commentator.

Take A look at OLO. Only one of the commentators, David flint, actually names Lebanese Muslim youths as the group primarily involved in the violence that preceeded the RIOT.
Every commentator acknowledges and/or blames the involvement of Anglo youths at Cronulla.

While the Lebanese Muslim community refuses to apportion responsibility to those rogue elements within their community they are tacitly allowing the finger be pointed at rogue elements within the greater community. The more sublime fingerpointing is at greater community, for that fingerpointing includes all those excuses that blames the greater community by trying to mitigate or lessen the responsibility for their own elements violent behaviours.

That is leading to resentment by the sections of community who have acknowledged the violent and stupid misbehaviour, and condemned those elements within their own communities.

Jason hasn't spoken a truer word when he says.

'No progress can be made while claiming that one group’s problems and grievances can be blamed on another'.

That's exactly what Sydney's Lebanese Muslim Community, the 'sympathetic' commentators and OLO are doing.
Posted by keith, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 9:00:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Methinks Jason's message is that we should stop pointing fingers at people and start pointing fingers at failed policies. I guess that's hard for some of our armchair Nazis on these forums who love pointing index fingers at others without realising that 3 index fingers point right back at themselves.
Posted by Irfan, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 9:10:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan this is not the first time I have seen you cast generalised aspersions. Instead of casting aspersions on those who don't hold exactly the beliefs and views you hold why don't you come straight out and name names and give specific examples of their nazism.

Or better still counter their views.

Such is what makes people and lifestyles wholesome.
Posted by keith, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 9:15:57 AM
as an armchair goebbels i love pointing fingers......especially with a nazi salute.....it's so empowering, and i encourage everyone to try it.

we should point fingers because those retard politicians and social engineers responsible for immigration, multiculti and law enforcement policies are the root cause of social disintegration.

and these failed pollies need to be exposed and ridiculed before the public as the failures they are......and that means you labour party.
Posted by vinny, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 9:43:25 AM
yes forget the interfaith talks, they are so fake its perverse.

point the finger i reckon, were it belongs.

some one just said we all acknowlage the Anglo pat of Cronulla, i think thats more like we see it that Anglos who were tolerent for so long lost their temper oneday.
Posted by meredith, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 9:48:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy