The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cronulla: finger pointing not the answer > Comments

Cronulla: finger pointing not the answer : Comments

By Jason Falinski, published 28/12/2005

Jason Falinski argues the Sydney riots were the result of government welfare policies which removed hope.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Jason Falinski's piece on welfare and crime has no relevance to the Cronulla riots and their causes.

Like France, Australia inists on burying its head in the sand or trying to explain the Muslim problem away with anything but the obvious.
Posted by Leigh, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 10:04:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jason begins:
"On Sunday, December 11, the fabric of the Australian ideal was torn."
Incorrect. The fabric of Cronulla in the Liberal electorate Cook was torn. The rest of Australia was not torn. The tear in Cronulla was reported to the rest of Australia. That does not mean that all Australia is grieving. Read the papers up here in Queensland. It is a Sydeny problem.

"It was not the first time, and it will not be the last."
Correct.

"We have learnt from our past that it is in the knitting together of our community, the healing, that real and long lasting progress is made."
Incorrect. We have not learned to knit. Just who knits in the community these days. No need to go on.
Posted by GlenWriter, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 10:41:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jason is a liberal and just trying to pass the buck, Irf's a mozzie and trying to pass the buck, Coach is a christian and trying to pass the buck. The Pc's are begining to squirm as they agenda slowly comes unstuck

Lots of answers here for the smoldering inferno that lies beneath the surface of our society. No one will take responsiblity, they will just hope it goes away. Why isn't the federal lib/lab coalition saying much, they want the focus taken away from them. Because they are fully aware that their direction is wrong and the only way they can keep control is to allow chaos to become the norm. Then the true police state will be invoked, we have seen it before throughout the world, and we will see it here this coming year unless a miracle happens.

DO I hear any of the religous volunteering to get their god to give us at least one useful miracle in 2000 years that actually works.

Irf, coach, did I hear your chairs squeek as you jumped up to raise your hands, or what that just you both leaving the room quickly.

I doubt that anything can be done until the root cause is removed, religion
Posted by The alchemist, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 1:08:25 PM
Jason: These things just do not happen by themselves and to not point to the instigators is incredible stupid and even un-Australian.
Recently I read a speech by a senior Sydney Policeman - forgive me as I have forgotten its source - he talks about the Lebanese community. If I recall or find this horrific scary speech elsewhere I will let you all know.
We the public need and must know who are the perpetrators of crime and violence.
So we can hate them and throw rocks at them - no! forewarned is forearmed.
How would you have reported the criminal, cowardly, senseless, thuggish, brutal attack on the public serving defenceless lifesavers by ethnic lebanese hoods?
If the Lebanese criminals were not identified they, as would any other group of thugs, see that as carte-e-blanche for further attacks.
You only had to see these "brave?" hoods when the Police collared them, suddenly knowing they were identified and nabbed they became compliant little lambs - "who us Officer?" numbat
Posted by numbat, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 1:50:53 PM
Irfan Usuf doesn't like the comments and all he sees is "Armchairs of Nazis" prowling this site haunting him with home truths.
Name calling does not alter the facts Irfan.

Our problem is only with a small section of the Lebanese community that came from the lawless war torn areas of Lebanon and like a rotten apple it is beginning infect the rest of the community.

Our PC Govt and it whimpish judiciary have all but destroyed our police force(service."Do you want fries with that?")and that is why we have such a proliferation of crime.It is both an immigration and law and order problem.Tim Priest predicted this years ago.

The sniverl libertarians and Irfan want a Bill of Rights so people will not be able to be described according to their ethnic origins or religion and thus the crime will fester even more un the umbrella of an even more politically correct legal system.

Let's have a warts and all debate,speak the truth then if the community puts enough pressure on our Govt,they will eventually have the balls to act.

Welfare is a side issue.The criminals just use welfare to entrench themselves in even more crime.

The covering up of crime and anti social behaviour will only hurt the Muslim/Middle Eastern community even more.

Irfan why don't you put pressure on the Iemma Govt to get tough on this section of your community that is giving you all such a bad reputation?Cut the cancer out now before it spreads.The PC brigade will only entrench your community in more denial,lies and cover up.

I know good Lebanese people who are crying out for some one to have the guts to put and end to this nonsense.Do you have the guts to make a start?
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 3:01:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My Grandfather got shot up fighting the Nazis and his brother killed by them, all so Ifran and I have the rightsn in Australia we do today. Personally I don't dive a flying fig if Ifran can cope/adjust or not.

A friend of mine is a truck driver and had the police radio on all through the Sydney Multicultural riots, He said the cops were terrified and couldn’t deal with it at all.

We need a petition to lobby for a commonwealth level enquiry into the inability of the police forces to combat islamic crime. They face physical retribution by islamists and also legal issues (i.e. calls of racism for attempting to police islamic thugs) I think it takes about 15000 signatures to prompt a legislation change, so very doable, even if its more to get a Government enquiry.

Other issues include the so called peace pact by the Bra boys and Comancheros (leb bikie gang famous from Milperra Massacre)

Also the Multicult rioter from Cronulla (an Anglo man)who is in supposed hiding after death threats from the Lebs

Our police need supposrt and strengtht against this or we will end up like Paris, which is still burning today.

NUMBAT

Here is the whistle blowing speech by an x Sydney detective.
http://www.australian-news.com.au/The%20rise%20of%20Middle%20Eastern%20crime%20in%20Australia.pdf
Posted by meredith, Wednesday, 28 December 2005 3:45:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy