The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cronulla: finger pointing not the answer > Comments

Cronulla: finger pointing not the answer : Comments

By Jason Falinski, published 28/12/2005

Jason Falinski argues the Sydney riots were the result of government welfare policies which removed hope.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Kenny, your post incensed me. If the pre 1950s immigration Australia was not an Anglo-Celtic paradise to what do you attribute the great desire of millions of migrants to immigrate? The Australia of the 1940s was a culturally homogenous, prosperous and successful nation, and 'British to our bootstraps' as our great leader proclaimed. What we have seen over the past 50 years is the slow erosion of our culture and increased Balkanisation of the community through unsolicited immigration. We have seen many (but not all) migrants maintain inferior cultural practices rather tenaciously, and as a result weakened our country. Is it coincidence the Australian culture (pre-1950) had no provisions for dictatorships, racial unrest and the degradation of morals that were witnessed in other countries then and now. Is it not unfair of Australians to demand that guests of our generosity (ie. immigrants) disavow themselves of their cultures and values, and adopt traditional Australian ones?
Posted by consort, Monday, 2 January 2006 5:01:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Consort,Kenny and Rainer are realising the tide of logic and facts are running against them.The Multicultural facists have been unveiled and they can no longer thrash us with their racism stick.Why bring in people of any race if they are not going to intergrate?It would be better to help them in their own countries.If they can't make it there with our help then they probably never will.

France had another 450 cars trashed on new years eve and the violence doesn't look like abating.Last time they had violence in over 300 different locations all over their country.Imagine the stories that you don't hear because the PC media and Govt are in damage control and are busily covering up the whole debacle as they are doing in Sydney.

This is the beginning if the end,unless they do something drastic.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 2 January 2006 5:37:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jason Falinski wrote : "Our community does not need to spend more money on welfare, nor can it afford to keep spending money recklessly and negligently, ignoring the consequences. How many generations of Aborigines have been destroyed by welfare, and the drinking it led to?"

This is nothing but a crude attempt exploit the tragedy of the Cronulla riots to justify the odious 'welfare to work' legislation recently enacted by Jason Falinski's ideological compatriots in the Federal Government.

Jason Falinski wrote : "We will not make progress while claiming the gap between rich and poor is widening, when the statistical evidence shows the opposite."

What 'statistical evidence'?

The inflation figures figures which are used in the calculation of real wages fail to include the costs of housing which has rocketed up in recent decades, and a good many other factors which add to the cost of living.

The factual account of life in low wage occupations in "Dirt Cheap" by Elisabeth Wynhausen (see http://tinyurl.com/7rfjv, http://tinyurl.com/dxth8) shows that such claims about real wages having grown and the gap between rich and poor having shrunk are complete nonsense. If the overworked and miserably underpaid workers described in Whynhausen's book are indeed 13% better off than they were in 1996, as our Prime Minister repeatedly claims, then what must they have been earning back then?

These same sorts of dishonest arguments, put here by Jason Falinski, here have also been put previously by Peter Saunders of the right wing extremist Centre for Independent Studies and roundly refuted in another discussion thread. In case it may be of interest, the discussion thread can be found at: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=3737
Posted by daggett, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 2:28:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kenny,
Muslims were kicked out to Australia with the First Fleet –and many others, openly brought about slaves from non-Anglo-Celtic backgrounds: Chinese were here, and a First-Fleet-transported having done his term Jew was first policemeister of what then was named Australia.

---

“Kenny:This place was better before the moslems - unfortunately.”
Numbat

Yeah, read above message. It was surely not a worse place for its natives before British occupation than till seventies of a last century.

---

“Kenny, your post incensed me. If ...Australia was not an Anglo-Celtic paradise to what do you attribute the great desire of millions of migrants to immigrate?”

“The Multicultural facists have been unveiled and they can no longer thrash us with their racism stick. Why bring in people of any race if they are not going to intergrate?”
Arjay

Many came simply hidding themselves.

“Multiculturalism” was introduced in Australia by then liberal government as an alternative to worldwide fight against Anglo-oppression in other British semi-colonies.

Why should the all world assimilate into something like Irishmen, Wells, Scots and Englishmen exemplify in their nations' cradle -British Isl.? What sort of “intergrate”? It is hard to quarrel if one says, integrity is out of an agenda of the IR minders because ultimately rejects official ground of discrimination, which is biological origins of job seekers.

---

“,,,attempt exploit the tragedy of the Cronulla riots to justify the odious 'welfare to work' ... .”
Daggett

Cheap slave labour is a practical outcome of any legislation abolishing minimum wages and minimizing work conditions while leaving business profits unlimited with no obligation to create more jobs as public consumption declines relaying on CREDITS only. And credits come in different forms – on plastic (bank creditline) or different type of welfare. Media provides that state’s perks to local “businesses” are equal to an Australia’s national debt: money simply changes ownership in amounts exceeding governmental spending on dole for poor. Dole payments end up in pockets of property-owners and providing the services as money constituting “business benefits” are too frequently in overseas banks and used to fund new Australia’s borrowings in cirle.
Posted by MichaelK., Tuesday, 3 January 2006 11:12:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sajo. I agree with you that there are parents that would make great home educators and others that would not. Just like there are some teachers that make great teachers and others that do not.

I personally believe that the public education system has so much potential! It saddens me when people give up on it as it makes it harder to effect change. However, I can understand why parents take their children out of the school system. I have had to do the same many times.

However, I have some good news. Recently I received a letter from the DET asking me for information in relation to my families allegations so that they can assess the matter. I actually didn’t believe them, but it appears that maybe after 5 years they may have decided to do the right thing. My Solicitor will be dealing with the complaint on our behalf because last time it was at this stage, the Department pretended they investigated the allegations but instead they closed the matter internally.

Then, yesterday I received an email from an Organisation that I had previously contacted who indicated that it appeared that the Department is taking my allegations seriously and they are going to investigate the matter. I don’t want to hold my breath because they have ways of making it appear on paper like they are doing their job when really they are not. But I am hopeful.

We want this to end. We want the system to set a good precedent and example on how to deal with bullying allegations within their ranks. Not to mention that my children and family are tired of being victimized, ostrasized, neglected, vilified and bullied. We just want to move on with our life without fear and in order to do that - things need to change!

Here’s hoping the bullies in the system will be dealt with and removed from their positions of power.

When there is change there is always hope that things will be better. I feel positive that 2006 is going to be a year of change.
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 8:56:13 AM
Susie. I agree with you that a motivated parent would provide a better learning environment than what a child could get at school. Problem is that not all parents are motivated to home school and not all parents have confidence in their abilities and are well educated. It is also a fact that not all kids want to spend all day with their parents. It really does depend on their personalities and how they get on. There is no doubt however that the amount of time schools spends herding, leaves little time for learning and that the problem with bullying is doing a lot of psychological damage to our kids.

Of my 4 children, two of them (my most introverted two) would love to be home schooled for the duration of their school life but I just can’t do it. To me it isn’t easy, I cant deal with the questions, I struggle to explain things, I don’t understand things. I get stressed and my children notice and then they feel bad and then they avoid asking me questions.

We have taken our kids out of school and homeschooled them for short periods in order to protect them and we will never leave them in a school where they don’t feel safe but we keep searching for a school like the one sajo talks about because I know that my children would just thrive in the right environment and they love being students, they just need to find the right school. I also really need to get back to work. The plan was that when my youngest started kindergarten 3 years ago I would return to work but instead I have had at least one of my kids at home at different times being homeschooled or unschooled as is our case. It hasn’t been easy.

I personally think that both the home school community and the school community need to respect, support and help each other. That would be the ultimate
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 9:26:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy