The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bringing Terror to Australia

Bringing Terror to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 20
  15. 21
  16. 22
  17. All
Why The hell are these kids being called Australian.

They were not born in Australia. They should be taking the nationality of their fathers, as should be the mothers. We should be having nothing to do with them at all.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 6 October 2022 11:11:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agitate to change the rules if you like. But the current rule is that a child of a citizen (whether mother or father) born overseas is a citizen, although they do have to make application to have that recognised.

A nation that removes citizenship because of political views or, worse, the views of relatives, is no longer a free nation. We don't need to go there.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 6 October 2022 11:44:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen

Unfortunately these children are Australian citizens (I haven't seen anything to say that at least one of their parents is not a citizen).

But, so what! I wouldn't give them the time of day, let alone entry to a country they have never seen: one which is free of the atrocities and nightmares of the hole they were born in.

Any Australian who thinks that these creatures should be brought here is as stupid and as dangerous as the government responsible for the travesty.

People like mhaze, Banjo Paterson et al should be given the responsibility of them, along with all the risks.

The last I heard, our moronic government intends to make NO arrangements for these terrorist-bred creatures, except to bring them here, and let them loose. Whether public opinion might change that, who knows. There is not much opinion among the public anyway. Look how they accepted the Covid offences against their freedoms.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 6 October 2022 12:29:25 PM
Just to calm people down a bit - because there's
so many misconception and misinformation being presented
here as facts - which is simply wrong.

It should be noted that the first Australian children to
be brought here back in 2019 are reported to be now
living normal lives in the community, attending school,
and playing sport. A decision to repatriate the remaining
children will provide them with the same opportunities.

People who may be concerned or are worried about radicalization
or if there should be any evidence of crimes committed - need to
be well aware that " Australia has a very robust judicial and
national security system that can respond and mitigate any
risks. All of the women have offered to co-operate fully
with law enforcement authorities and be subject to onerous
control orders upon their arrival here.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 6 October 2022 12:54:24 PM
ttbn writes: "But, so what [that they are Australian citizens]! I wouldn't give them the time of day, let alone entry to a country they have never seen..."

Again, by law they are Australian citizens and are entitled to come back. Personally, I think the law matters and we head down a dire path when we start just making up which laws we want to enforce and which to ignore.

On top of that they are kids. Punishing kids for the views of their parents is a very dark path.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 6 October 2022 2:40:39 PM
Australian citizens were banned from entering their own country during Covid. There was a $51,000 fine/5 years jail penalty for anyone who slipped in.

The 'right to freedom of movement' law can be restricted in "certain circumstances". I would say this is one of those circumstances. I am assuming that the previous government thought the same when they refused to allow these people back in - particularly as they had warned anyone ILLEGALLY leaving the country to take any part in a foreign war could not expect to be allowed back.

They ended up on the losing side, now they want to return. Tough titty.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 6 October 2022 3:50:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11