The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism In Australia

Racism In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. 18
  17. All
Perhaps if it ever comes to the crunch the Racial Discrimination Act will be declared invalid as it is based on the false assumption that there is more than one race of humans.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 25 September 2022 7:58:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze.

If Muslims are not technically a race then neither are Jews. People originating from that area of the world are racially classed as Semites and that refers to both Jews and Arabs.

If Foxy criticises Israel for political reasons that doesn't make her an anti-Semite or racist in the same was that if I speak out against the ill-treatment of the Rohingya in Burma it doesn't make me an anti-Buddhist or an anti-Christian in the case of the Holocaust.
Posted by rache, Sunday, 25 September 2022 11:03:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rache,

"If Foxy criticises Israel for political reasons that doesn't make her an anti-Semite or racist in the same was that if I speak out against the ill-treatment of the Rohingya in Burma it doesn't make me an anti-Buddhist or an anti-Christian in the case of the Holocaust."

My point exactly.

Please explain it to Foxy.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 26 September 2022 9:21:30 AM
Hi rache,

Thank You - but with mhaze - there's no point in explaining
anything to him. He is fully aware of the arguments we're making.
He just likes to detract.

One of the most important things to
do is to keep cutting deliberately through political lines and
barriers and emphasizing the fact that these are largely
fabrications and that there is another dimension - a genuine
reality opposed to the fiction of politics.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 September 2022 10:03:03 AM
My point was that having negative views of this or that group is NOT the same as being racist toward that group.

Foxy thinks I'm wrong.

Therefore she clearly believes that having negative views or this or that group IS the same as being racist toward that group.

A stance clearly arrived at through personal experience.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 26 September 2022 2:42:51 PM
mhaze,

I take people as I find them. I don't have negative
feelings towards any group - because that does not allow
for individual differences. And people are not the same
or think the same no matter which so called group they may
belong to. As for my own personal experiences and what I
went through as a child of refugees in this country. Perhaps
you'll buy my book when its published? I'm sure you would
enjoy reading it. All of us have stories to tell. I'd love
to know where you fit in (or don't). It may explain a
great deal.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 September 2022 3:13:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12