The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism In Australia

Racism In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. 18
  17. All
Foxy,

As I mentioned before, being critical of Israel does not per se make you racist, however, at the same time being completely silent on the murderous Hamas and Fatah does.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 28 September 2022 2:00:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
shadowminister,

You really are not know very knowledgeable on the subject
at all. Do try to get better informed, then we can continue
this conversation.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 September 2022 2:51:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Clearly, I am more knowledgeable than you. I am simply using a definition developed at the UN.

Apparently, behaviour that you find acceptable is the bounty paid to Palestinians by their government for killing Jews (incl women and children), throwing gays off buildings and summarily executing "collaborators" who coincidently are political opponents.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 29 September 2022 3:44:31 AM
shadowminister,

You've made your positions quite clear on the subject
over which I have no control. I have made my positions
quite clear as well. Enjoy your day.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 September 2022 8:59:16 AM
Once the racists stop bleating racism the situation will improve !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 29 September 2022 7:31:12 PM
I think we are all aware that not all persons are the same.
Skin colour, features, stature, accent when speaking, and many other characteristics, can all vary.
This is because sections of our human race evolved and developed separately, in different parts of the world.
One would need to be blind or stupid not to notice these differences.
Evolving separately gave rise to useful variations in the 'gene pool'.
That can definitely be an advantage for any 'race' which has been interbreeding for thousands of years.

To comment on these differences is not necessarily 'racist'.
Only when remarks are derogatory, or aimed at causing harm or disadvantage to another person, should they be classed as 'racist'?
To shout 'RACISM' when someone comments innocently on a person's accent is a total over-reaction.
Unfortunately, it seems to be becoming fashionable these days to deride any reference to racial difference.
What we really need is a greater amount of friendly discussion about these things.
And an acknowledgement by all persons that we benefit greatly from genetic difference.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Thursday, 29 September 2022 9:55:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14