The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism In Australia

Racism In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. All
More fake concern by the lovers of big government.
Posted by Cumberland, Thursday, 22 September 2022 11:56:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indyvidual

The obsession with race will always be "fashionable" as long as the divisive lunatic left draws breath; race is essential to identify politics. These nutters now have the race-based Voice to make them even more nutty. They are also helped in their campaign by the appalling Australian main stream media, constantly promoting fear, unrest and scandal.

In the latest case, I believe that the accused 'racists' might have been trying to free players from the traditional - and well recognised - clinging of extended 'family' to people of indigenous background who have been successful in the wider community: the 'what's yours is mine' syndrome. This has always been debilitating, not just for sports people, but for anyone of indigenous heritage who has made good. The mob sticks like leeches.

The incitement of a player to have his girlfriend abort is unacceptable, but that accusation might be as untrue as well. And, we all know the Left's penchant for prejudging guilty - guilty until proven innocent and, if proved innocent, it is only because of a 'technicality'.

I note that the gutter press, as usual, has brought out it's favourite race weapon, Eddy Betts, to pour petrol on the fire, and publicise his book.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 23 September 2022 10:26:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We should remember that this is so far just gossiping about accusations by unnamed former players, in a report that has not been released. – not proven facts; it's just the ABC News and Current Affairs, who are reporting the accusations as fact.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 23 September 2022 10:55:45 AM
By my count there were 21 aboriginal players at Hawthorn during the period in question. There might have been more since oftentimes players join a club but never make it near the top echelon of players.

Of those, 3 (4 if you count Riolli) are making complaints. All three failed to make it to the big show calling into question whether they might have other reasons for being down on the club.

Perhaps there was racism. Perhaps officials lack some level of diplomacy in handling the fragile sensibilities of aboriginal players.

I'll await the full report before making a judgement. (Note: Hawthorn beat the Swans in a GF so I have no love for the club).
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 23 September 2022 11:44:37 AM
From Paul's survey:

"'Negative' views ". Negative views aren't the same as racist views even though those who did the survey pretended otherwise.

"[Negative views] Towards Muslim Aust... Australian males 34.0% Australian women 29.2% "

When did 'Muslim' become a race? As an aside, 20 women have died in Iran protesting the rules around wearing head scarves. I wonder why some hold "negative views" toward Muslims?

"[Negative views] Towards Refugees...... Australian males 19.6% Australian women 19.1%"

When did refugees become a race?

"[Negative views]Towards Middle East... Australian males 23.9% Australian women 20.9%"

Middle east is a region not a race. It hold several races.

When you can't find evidence of racism, make it up.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 23 September 2022 11:51:09 AM
Why do some people at the mere mention of racism go into
denial? Declaring it to be "gossip" and a "fashionable"
thing to do. As if all the people who have come forward
don't matter at all. This has been going on for quite
some time, from 2005 - 2021. Finally the Australian Football
League has called for an inquiry into the AFL amid a furore
over allegations at the Hawthorn Football Club.

The allegations have emerged from a review that's been done
of Hawthorn's treatment of Indigenous players which is
about to be released. Collingwood has also found evidence of
"systemic racism." Adam Goodes resigned a few years back due
to this very cause.

When more than one person comes forward - they need to be
heard. Denial does not help anyone. BTW - I am a Hawthorn
supporter. My family supports Collingwood.

http://bbc.com/news/world-australia-62991661
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 23 September 2022 11:53:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy