The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > LABOUR GOVERNMENT WONT SUPPLY ENOUGH POLICE IN THEIR STATES

LABOUR GOVERNMENT WONT SUPPLY ENOUGH POLICE IN THEIR STATES

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I am just wondering what is going to happen if we ever have a really big problem in Australia with our all ready over worked police.
For the last two weeks I have been trying to get the NSW police to take a report on a child abuser.
This bloke is still walking around doing God knows what but because they are so terribly busy they cant take this persons statement.
The Government go on and on about child protection but their police cant lock up a serial offender.
This bloke has been abusing young girls for many years. Here is a person who has tried to do the right thing for the sake of others but because ALP cant supply police they cant take her statement.
We are talking major offenses here like rape of a fourteen year old not trival stuff. We are not talking a one off offense either. Its been ongoing for a long period of time and hes offended consistantly.
There has been no less than five attempts to report this guy. The first was by phone upon being told she could not attend the station to file the report because they were too busy. The second attempt same thing and they insisted she had to wait until somebody called her. A week later she called again and was pretty much told she was being a nuisance. Then there was another call a few days later. I finally drove her to the station and walked in and said this person is here to make a statement. Its over an hours drive both there and back but they still turned her away but not after checking her name in the system to see if she were on the WAITING list. You guessed it she wasnt. They promised to contact her yesterday but didnt.
There is no argument that the poor staff are working very hard.
I saw one detective who has worked three straight shifts.
These guys are working under enourous preshure doing a fantasic job for little thanks from many of the public.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 5 September 2007 4:53:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with everything you say this is serious business. The Left Wing Loonies are blaming the Howard syndrome but this is completely untrue. The left wing loonies are saying the increase of crime is due to eleven years of the Howard Government and the lack of compassion in welfare and housing affordabilty and increased suicides. The West Australian Government are spending millions of our dollars in fetching over British Police who are now patroling our streets. The British Police are shocked in horror that they now have to carry guns. Would you support utilising a civil miliatary guard as they have in the united states ? If not we will have to recruit the marines do you agree with that ?
Posted by Julie Vickers, Wednesday, 5 September 2007 8:33:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Julie

I was just sitting here thinking to myself doesnt anybody see or care how bad things are regarding police in Australia when your comment went up on OLO.
I would support pretty much anything to be honest. I didnt know WA were importing the services of police but its a darn good idea.
I said something similar on another thread involving trouble with street gangs and knifes only to be howled down as odd.
That time I said why cant the Army do some patrols.
When you get to the stage that cronic paedophiles become a low interest we are in real trouble.

The loonies as you call them do not even understand that hospital crisis amnd police and housing are ran by State Governments.

You know 60% of the public blame Howard for no Police Drs etc.

In all honesty I think we are in real trouble.
I am in QLD and a lady was killed last night after calling for help three hours earlier.

The NSW police are just as understaffed which was why I stared this thread.
So yes I would agree with you one hundred percent Julie.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 5 September 2007 9:08:54 PM
Oh gee I should have thought of that! let us have more coppers! say 20.000 more.
And lets have oh hang on who is to pay for it? government has no money its ours so more tax's?
Yep we can get our roads up to American standards over night, 20 brand new hospitals in every state more of everything.
Taxes? well put up the taxes on fuel it works! for the last 20 years this country has done it.
Say 20 bucks a liter for fuel? that will stop car crime too.
Who pays for more Lady's?
in a country of 20 million who pays?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 6 September 2007 5:58:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly
Well I have got to say I was starting to consider that you may know more about the plans and goals for labour.
However after reading your post belly you have lost me.
"This is a typical labour response".
Silly, arrogant uncalled for and lacks any reasonable excuse for responding in that manner.
You spare "not one thought" for the poor person who has tried to give a report to police over and over again.
We had a women murdered up here last night because there are not enough police to respond to emergencies.
On the Gold Coast and Tweed especially we have 1500 hundred people arriving and staying each week.
The area where they refused to take the report was just over the NSW boarder but they are swamped too.
The tax payers of this country are some of the highest in the world and have a right to be able to report crimes against children
Do you have ANY idea how hard it is for a female to report rape?
Do you even care? Its clear you dont!
Do you have any idea the damage done on top of damage when police make victims feel they are NOT worth taking their complaint.

I know its not the polices fault its the stinking LABOUR Government that cant run a cop shop but want to run the country.
God Help us all!

I did the statement myself so she wouldn`t think "nobody" cared.
It starts up-
My step father untied my mother who was hanging there. She was blue.
He took the rope off her neck by lifting her up then threw her down very long stairs then he raped me. I was about eight.
It goes on belly but Labour wouldnt be interested.
Your proof of that. Labour. No Thanks Mr Rudd
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 6 September 2007 6:47:25 AM
In a couple of threads pale a debate is taking place about your manners.
I get a grin out of you calling me arrogant! thanks!
I think sometimes you just let fly without thinking, you have been around I suspect as long as me, if so you will know every government in the past 40 years has been asked for more police and much more.
Yes we have to deal with that tragic murder on the gold coast.
Was it bad judgment? or slackness? or did every one of those overloaded calls have priority?
My local government area wants more police.
Red necks want more prisons.
Who will pay?
I will settle pale for more good police, the ones we treasure, those cops who answer the two way every time.
Never pretend its not working.
Some do not care you know, to some its a job that comes with cheap or free coffee and burgers and the chance to be lazy and arrogant.
We could never pay enough wages to the good cop, more than gold a good cop how can we tell what one we are talking to?
Sadly Kevin Rudd has not found the need to brief me on his intentions, maybe he thinks I am arrogant!
Regards pale that is all of those who use that sign in.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 6 September 2007 4:34:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy