The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Its not really flooding

Its not really flooding

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
is simply a minor shift in weather patterns.
ALTRAV,
Uncanny, only this morning I said exactly the same to a few blokes & several looked at me as if I had just landed in a space craft.
One of my old mates actually said how weird it is to have the most beautiful boating weather when it's supposed to be cyclone & wet season.
Down south they're flooding & we have perfectly hot, sunny weather. It should be the other way round.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 24 March 2021 5:45:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR whined "How on earth is that interpreted to mean the dams would never fill again by any other than the ideological twisted, like the two of you."

Well I've already explained it several times. Obviously went over your head. See if you can find an 8 yr old to read and explain it to you.

"the two of you"?? ?? I know I seem to have twice the thinking capacity of poor old SR, but trust me, there's only one of me.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 25 March 2021 9:59:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Perhaps retention of previous sentences is problematic for you so I am happy to assist. The 'two of you' obviously referenced: "Bloody hell mate are you really still banging on about this little lie of yours and Bolt's."

And you haven't explained jack mate. You have attempted some feeble reference to 'implication' which was torn to shreds straight away and you haven't come back with anything.

Piss poor effort all round.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 25 March 2021 10:52:44 AM
" You have attempted some feeble reference to 'implication'..."

I never used the word "implication" or any of its derivatives. That was Aidan. Has the logic of the thread left you behind again?

BTW earlier you claimed that Flannery tried "to correct the narrative..." which I disputed and asked for examples. Can't help but notice that you ran away from that assertion with some alacrity. Just shooting you mouth off again in the hope of not being called to provide evidence? Seems to be your main method of argument these days.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 25 March 2021 11:26:43 AM
Dear mhaze,

Of course you spoke of the implied meaning.

“That's true. Equally he never said they would fill again. His statements were ambiguous, capable of being interpreted either way. And for years after those statements, others, both friend and foe, interpreted it to mean that he thought the dams and rivers would never fill.”

Flannery clarified he was quoting from the IPCC Special Report on Regional Impacts of Climate Change which “noted specifically that Enhanced groundwater recharge and dam-filling events were expected from more frequent high-rainfall events.”

“Water Supply and Hydrology: Possible overall reduction in runoff, with changes in soil moisture and runoff varying considerably from place to place but reaching as much as ±20%, was suggested for parts of Australia by 2030. Sharpened competition was expected among water users, with the large Murray-Darling Basin river system facing strong constraints. Enhanced groundwater recharge and dam-filling events were expected from more frequent high-rainfall events, which also were expected to increase flooding, landslides, and erosion.”

This is pretty well lining up with what we are experiencing.

Give it a rest.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 25 March 2021 12:05:49 PM
Yes ALTRAV it is a total waste of time trying to talk to a lefty twit. Their brains, or what ever passes for such in them are totally oblivious to any fact or truth told them. It goes straight through their head with out so much as a ripple, leaving then totally unaffected. If it doesn't meet their objective, it never happened.

I spent some time a while back extracting figures on rainfall in this district. Anyone who is honest will admit that major wet or dry systems are very large & wide spread, so wet or dry years here would be similar for thousands of kilometers of the east coast as the present bit of rain. Incidentally, although heavy, it does not so far make it into the 10 wettest March recorded, despite the damage & suffering it has caused.

Briefly our wettest year here was 1893, with 1725mm.
The second wettest was..............1954, with 1475mm.
Third.............................................1947, with 1418mm.
Recent,.........................................2010, with 1367mm.

Our driest year was...............1919, with 434mm.
Second driest was,................1994, with 453mm.
Third......................................1902, with 459mm.
Recent....................................2019, with 482mm.

I defy even a lefty to find any kind of trend in that lot.
These facts will of course will be completely invisible to lefties as they don't suit their twisted ideology.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 25 March 2021 3:03:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All