The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Its not really flooding

Its not really flooding

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Dear Hasbeen,

Well without access to your data I couldn't tell. Is it on line? Maryborough wouldn't be that far away would it?

Here is a rain graph showing a definite downward trend in annual rain totals even given the gap years near the end of the records.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_display_type=dataGraph&p_stn_num=040126&p_nccObsCode=139&p_month=13
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 25 March 2021 3:55:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR if you quote BOM rubbish after half a dozen corrections followed by homogenisations, I can only assume you are trying a con job, as they are.

Marryborough is only about 270K as the crow flies north. It does have some peculiarities in it's weather patterns, but should be reasonably similar in annual rainfall particularly major rainfall events. I do have somewhere the original figures from the early 1900s to 1990 from a Howard dairy farm, about 30 miles north of Maryborough. I also have my own figures from Burrum & Toogoom in the same area from 1986 to 2002.

If you are actually interested I will try to find them.

No my figures are the original unadulterated figures printed in the Beaudesert newspapers from 1889 to 2000, with my personal figures from 1992 added. The Beaudesert Times actually published them in 2000.

I am only interested in such printed figures as I have found so much tampering with original figures by the BOM to make anything they claim today to be a total fairy tale.

The games the BOM have been playing with temperature records for over 30 years make them what a judge would call, "a very unreliable witness". Anyone using any of their figures is either most naive or is trying to miss inform.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 25 March 2021 11:09:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR wrote: "Of course you spoke of the implied meaning."

And then provides a quote which doesn't in the least suggest anything approaching anything being implied. Somehow in the addled mind that is the dark recesses of SR's thinking, that makes sense.

SR wrote: "Flannery clarified he was quoting from the IPCC Special Report..."

First he doesn't say when that happened which is the crux of the issue although he probably doesn't understand that. Second its the IPCC saying the exact opposite of what Flannery said so how that helps SR's case is clear only in the addled mind that is the dark recesses of SR's thinking.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 26 March 2021 5:38:53 AM
SR,

While some here are not quoting Flannery accurately, the gist is accurate:

"The esteemed chief counsellor of the Climate Council and former Australian of the Year, Tim Flannery, who has long made dire predictions about water availability. The Sydney Morning Herald noted in 2005 his prediction “that one morning in the not-too-distant future in one of the major cities, taps will be turned on, and instead of water, there will only be a whistling in the pipes. Not a drop. Totally dry.”

“Either Sydney’s growing water crisis results from a drought of exceptional intensity, or our climate has changed,” wrote Flannery that same year. “There’s only two years’ water supply in Warragamba Dam,” he said, “yet [NSW Minister for Energy and Utilities] Frank Sartor is talking about the situation being stable … If the computer models are right then drought conditions will become permanent in eastern Australia.”

“[The] worst-case scenario – and the one I believe is most likely to be correct – is that the rainfall since 1998 represents the new climate,” he said. “In three years we will know whether I’m being alarmist or not, for that’s about how long Sydney’s water supplies will last under the conditions that have prevailed since 1998,” he said.

Flannery set the rules for the alarmist test; let’s see the results. Warragamba was so short of water it reached 80 per cent of capacity six years after Flannery’s prediction. In 2012, the following year, it overflowed, something it did again in 2016. As of this week it began spilling 450 gigalitres per day – an amount roughly the volume of Sydney Harbour and around a quarter of the dam’s capacity.

Collectively, Greater Sydney dams are 99.5 per cent full. How lucky is NSW to have a desalination plant – something Flannery lobbied state governments to build – which costs well over half a million a day to stay idle? As he told ABC in 2007 “So even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems…”"
Posted by shadowminister, Friday, 26 March 2021 7:40:08 AM
SM this guy sounds like another rip-off con-man like the GW CC alarmists/promoters, like Al Gore and many, many more.
He must have been getting kick-backs from somewhere or some group.
These situations nearly always lead back to money and or power, sometimes both.
Like that arse-wipe who claims to be black and has written some rubbish and the govt hired him to advise them on matters of black.
The case against him being black and even knowing about anything black, is overwhelmingly against him, yet he continues un-abated.
WHY?
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 26 March 2021 9:20:03 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

So you are regurgitating and article from the Murdoch press written by someone who won't even put his name to it?

Wow.

Now Flannery wasn't talking about large urban water dams at all was he. This is from the transcrit: “So even the rain that falls isn't actually going to fill our dams and our river systems, and that's a real worry for the people in the bush. If that trend continues then I think we're going to have serious problems, particularly for irrigation.”

We are only recently out of a significant drought impacting NSW and QLD.

“2017 was a drier than average year for much of inland Queensland, most of New South Wales, eastern and central Victoria, and all of Tasmania. In 2018, rainfall for the year was very low over the southeastern quarter of the Australian mainland, with much of the region experiencing totals in the lowest 10% of historical observations, and was particularly low over the mainland southeast from April onwards. The state of New South Wales was declared to be 100% in drought by August 2018, remaining at 98.6% into May 2019; by May 2019 65.2% of Queensland was also declared to be in drought.”
Wikipedia

For the Murray-Darling Basin it was record breaking; “By July 2019, a climatologist at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology stated that the present drought was now officially the worst on record in the Murray–Darling Basin, and "had now exceeded the Federation Drought, the WWII drought and the Millennium drought in terms of its severity through the MDB".
Wikipedia

Our climate change modelling predicted longer periods of dry with less frequent but more intense periods of wet. They have been spot on. What's your problem?

The tenders for the desal plant were called for when Sydney's dam levels had fallen under 35%. Are you saying they shouldn't have been built?

Perth's plant is supplying up to 50% of that city's needs. Should that have never been built either?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 26 March 2021 10:45:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy