The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The 'Bonk Ban' and Political Interference.

The 'Bonk Ban' and Political Interference.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
shadyminister,

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't selected for the engineering position with your company.

But you forgot to add that you wish me all the best with my future career search.

Actually it will make you happy to know that I have missed out on jobs in engineering because of my Arts degrees.

Apparently they thought I wouldn't be a good fit with their teams because I wasn't just an engineer plus they don't like having Mr. Smarty Pants type people like me working for them.

But as I tell folks ........ "It's only a trade"
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 19 November 2020 10:18:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Swamp donkey,

I doubt any engineers that are rejected for their hobbies even if they are knitting or BAs.

However, I doubt any potential boss in any profession would hire a sanctimonious prick that tried to look down at them.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 19 November 2020 11:03:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
shadyminister,

Are you telling me you're not the only one who is jealous of Arts graduates?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 19 November 2020 12:29:19 PM
Swamp donkey,

You are just jealous of successful engineers and only tried arts because you wanted to flip burgers.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 19 November 2020 3:50:19 PM
shadyminister,

Truth is that people with an Arts background see engineering as a trade.

I was actually asked the question "Why do you want to waste your time working as an engineer when you can be something interesting like an anthropologist or sociologist?"

So true. Why be Bob the Builder when I can be Indiana Jones? Why be just a cog in the wheel when I can be my own man?

The only reward I ever got from working as an engineer was the pay cheque at the end of the week. That might be alright for someone like you but definitely not for the likes of me.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 20 November 2020 3:20:12 AM
Swamp donkey,

Engineers don't consider artists to be scholars. At least tradesmen contribute to society.
Posted by shadowminister, Friday, 20 November 2020 5:42:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All