The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if its all for nothing

What if its all for nothing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. ...
  14. 49
  15. 50
  16. 51
  17. All
Loudmouth,

Looks all right to me.

Have you awarded yourself any more imaginary degrees lately?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 12:20:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,

Are you sure you don't help with those goalposts?

"Not in the countries that had been caught out early. In those places this has been far worse...."

In my early posts I specifically pointed out that some countries had higher rates than others, but that I was referring to the entire European situation as regards the extent of the deaths.

So what does good 'ol SR do. Tells me I should be looking at the individual countries only. This is standard SR. Misinterpret/misunderstand a point and then demand that others respond to and accept his misunderstanding.

Its as though I point out the sun rises in the east and SR declares that I need to look at the sun at 4pm which is nowhere near the east and therefore I completely wrong. The very definition of not being able to argue on the merits of a case.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 1:14:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

You were more than welcome to state that overall deaths in Europe were not remarkable when you first posted the link.

That is not the issue.

But to extrapolate from the figures that "the threat of this virus to all, other than the very aged with pre-existing conditions, is minor." and that "we should now recognise that we are continuing the strangulation of the economy through choice rather than necessity." was just typical rubbish from you.

The severity of the virus and the impact of mitigation measures could only be properly assessed by looking at the figures by country. You just refused to go there because it didn't fit with your sloppy, disingenuous narrative.

The figures have caught up with you yet you are steadfastly refusing to acknowledge what you put in your first post has turned out to be a crock.

Live with it mate.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 1:38:44 PM
You really are a know it all dill, with as capital D SR.

You have no idea of what I or anyone else is, but we all can see right through the likes of you.

I married a ballet choreographer, I so hated the arts.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 1:56:29 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

So your partner had an Arts degree then?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 2:09:43 PM
Hasbeen,

I sympathise with you.

If I had to watch my wife's 6-8 year olds classes doing Swan Lake every second day I would be pretty angry with the performing arts myself.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 14 April 2020 2:18:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30