The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if its all for nothing

What if its all for nothing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. ...
  14. 49
  15. 50
  16. 51
  17. All
individual,

Haw haw haw ....... You funny. Plus the fact you have an undiagnosed mental disorder.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 10 April 2020 7:25:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Hazzy, I got the wrong war, you were too old for that one. I remember you were flying a trusty Fokker with the Red Barron in an earlier war.

See your days as Captain Bligewater on the Great Barrier Reef, were not entirely wasted, you managed to do your part and contribute to the 60% destruction of the reef today. Well done Old Cock!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 10 April 2020 7:55:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh I have enjoyed the utter madness and wackiness of the Trump briefings I have managed to catch. This little snippet from Reddit jokes was a gem;

"Captain Trump of the RMS Titanic:

There isn't any iceberg.
There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean.
The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.
There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.
We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.
The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.
We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats. Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.
We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.
Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.
I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.
We have lifeboats and they're supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.
The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship.
Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg."
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 10 April 2020 8:45:01 PM
Paul,

I'm not going to regurgitate this all over again. I previously educated you on this issue but clearly your prefer the myths to the facts. So go here to see what I filled you in on two years ago...

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=8088#251153

"Patriotic unions tried to stop the practice to no avail, that's why you claim they were in league with the USSR."

No I was referring to the coal strikes of 1940 where unions, acting under orders from Moscow, tried to interfere with the war effort. Remember Russia was then an ally of Hitler.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 11 April 2020 9:05:01 AM
Thanks, Steele :). Brilliant take on Captain Marvel. You could have added:

1. Hey, what if we just let it take its course so that all the infections are over in a fortnight and we can get back to work ?

2. Let's do this all again, when a second round of infections hit ? And then a third ?

3. Anyway, the Chinese caused all this so it's their problem.

4. Has anyone tried Vicks Vapo-Drops ? I'm brave ! I'm smart !

Oops: all of those options 1-3 are already being canvassed. The US is stuffed.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 11 April 2020 9:16:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"It is an ostensibly conservative government that has promoted this self-lacerating national panic, the same government that served as steward at the desecration of marriage. Some conservative commentators will tell you, for so they are hinting, that when the panic abates the Liberals will be well-positioned to carry through a real dismantling of the architecture of the Leftist state apparatus, so desperate will be our finances. But we know better from bitter experience. LIBERAL GOVERNMENTS DO NOT SO MUCH DISAPPOINT AS NEVER INTEND". (retired judge, Stuart Lindsay).

It is no longer good enough to say, 'Well at least they are better than Labor' because, apart from border protection, they are really not; they haven't been since John Howard lost the plot, and his seat with it. And, while we are talking borders, the LNP mass immigration program is as appalling as Labor's is.

Government largesse will only delay the coming economic crunch that will result from Morrison's heavy handedness. Morrison won't suffer personally. No politicians and advising public servants (including ABC operatives calling for even tougher measures and more job losses) - the highest paid in the world - will suffer the financial agony heading for all those people who have lost jobs, businesses and homes. These people are telling the rest of us what we can do and putting restrictions on our freedoms. But what do they get up to on weekends? Are they short of toilet paper? One politician has been caught out in the last couple of days; fined, and now resigned as a minister, he will have to manage on a backbencher's screw. What a burden! Politicians are as cunning as shitehouse rats, so we don't know what they get up to out of the public eye. The one just mentioned must be a real bozo to get caught.

How can we keep voting these jerks in!
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 11 April 2020 10:08:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21