The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if its all for nothing

What if its all for nothing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 49
  15. 50
  16. 51
  17. All
Paul1405,

I have very little confidence in the LNP $130 billion stimulus getting to the employees and preparing them for what is now looking like an economic depression coming their way.

LNP economic policy has always been targeted at helping business with the idea that there is a trickle down effect to the betterment of lower classes. Just won't happen!

Most of that $130b will go into the pockets of middle and upper class Australia to be put aside to help them get through the anticipated depression. It's just human nature for them to do this.

Question I am now asking is not Will there will be a depression? but How long will it be for?

What will it be like living in an Australia with 3-4 million unemployed workers standing in line at the 'Wuhan Bat Soup' Kitchen with their families; I can just hear little Johnnie saying "Daddy, do you think there will be enough Wuhan bat soup left for us?"
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 10 April 2020 8:50:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unemployment now at 16.8% ((Roy Morgan). Underemployment, 27.4%. Given that many of the "hibernating" businesses will never restart, we won't be seeing an end to what China has wreaked on us. The moron who used the term 'hibernation' for the act of suddenly closing businesses and throwing people out of work should be tarred and feathered, and forced to run a gauntlet of angry, unemployed people.

We can't even be sure that we will ever regain the freedoms China has taken off us, with the help of our own politicians. Morrison hasn't stopped smirking about his new powers. Victoria police, no longer able to hound Cardinal Pell are hounding 17 years olds for having a driving lesson. Police are investigating a health matter (Ruby Princess). Brad Hazzard still has a job!

Internationally, the next leader of the Free World could be a senile old man who was accused of suffering "three strokes" during a 5 minute speech, most of his utterances being, "You know, the thing", when he couldn't think of something he should have known by heart. That's who the American Left will be voting for.

Freedom and prosperity are on the way out. China is winning, with the help of the dicks in Canberra.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 April 2020 9:36:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

I'll make sure I keep you a bowl of Wuhan bat soup.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 10 April 2020 9:51:12 AM
Another example of the idiocy of the ACTU. They stood back and said nothing about the ridiculous number of foreign worker visas the Morrison government handed out (while we have 700, 000 of our own on the dole); now their leader, McManus, is demanding that these foreign workers, out of work because of the China virus, be included in taxpayer handouts. So far the government has told them to go home, but we all know that they could go to water at any time.

The biggest threats to Australia? China, our own politicians, and unions; not necessarily in that order.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 April 2020 9:54:32 AM
Hey mhaze,

"Your source is wrong. Last time I looked the NSW figures showed over 1000 had recovered."

Well that'd make more sense, it's a percentage more in line with the other states.
Thanks for correcting me.

Somebody must've stuffed things up somewhere.
That site's supposed to be the most up to date compiling COVID-19 stats.
On the other hand what are the chances any of these bozo's would actually get something right in 2020?

- Slim To Nil -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 10 April 2020 9:56:58 AM
While people are losing their jobs and businesses, Albo is calling for more funds for the ABC. We have no hope of ever getting decent government with the sort of idiots we have in government and in opposition.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 April 2020 10:02:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18