The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Global warming garbage.

Global warming garbage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. ...
  14. 84
  15. 85
  16. 86
  17. All
Hi Max,

The real criminals in this fire emergency are the politicians who have held sway for many years now. The Federal government led by Morrison along with the Berejiklian government in NSW had numerous warnings that action was need, severe weather conditions, leading to a catastrophic fire event was on the horizon. What did these blind ideologist do... NOTHING! Now as these events unfold they seek to deflect from their responsibilities and admit no degree of negligence on their part, they prefer to deflect blame onto others, who never held sway, who never had the decision making authority that these fools have held for years.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 3 January 2020 8:29:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,
if you're saying that the Australian government along with all the other governments of the world should have got off the fossil fuels decades ago, then I agree!

They have known about this threat since the Bell Telephone company "Science Hour" show warned us in 1958.

(2 minutes). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-AXBbuDxRY&t=4s
Posted by Max Green, Friday, 3 January 2020 8:37:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only politicians to blame are the Green-controlled Labor ones, who have, for years, overseen a criminal lack of land management and controlled burning.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 January 2020 8:47:47 AM
Green-controlled Labor ones, who have, for years, overseen a criminal lack of land management and controlled burning.
ttbn,
It's just about guaranteed that they will not learn sufficiently to adopt a more pragmatic mentality ! This nonsense will perpetuate as long as silly Govts use academic 'experts' as advisors !
Posted by individual, Friday, 3 January 2020 8:59:55 AM
"WATER BOMBERS - we used to borrow California's in their off season. Now both our fire seasons overlap. Again, thank global warming!"

Uh-Uh-Uh.
- No you don't

If it was known that the fire seasons overlapped;

Then please return to my prior comment
'Do not pass go and do not not collect $200'

I'll quote myself: "THEN WHAT WAS DONE TO MITIGATE THIS DANGER?"

It's not global warming's fault
Your brains on the blink.
It's the fault of governmental and bureaucratical INCOMPETENCE
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 January 2020 9:12:07 AM
[Cont.]
7 million premature deaths annually linked to air pollution

News release

25 March 2014 | Geneva - In new estimates released today, WHO reports that in 2012 around 7 million people died - one in eight of total global deaths – as a result of air pollution exposure. This finding more than doubles previous estimates and confirms that air pollution is now the world’s largest single environmental health risk. Reducing air pollution could save millions of lives.

One in 8 - are you freaking kidding me?

What is someone going around mass murdering people by ginding coal into grules and mstuffing it down peoples throats until they suffocate and die?

What am I missing here?

And what's any of this got to do with Australia?

This is the type of bs thats turned you all into a bunch of irrational (and frankly dangerous) group of people hellbent on destroying your own countries.

I'm all for better policies and taking advantage of better technology, this isn't an argument about which technology is better, I'd even happily support more water wheels in creeks and estuary's if its practical to do so;
its also about whats practical economically as we move to those better technologies.
I'm not going to shoot the horse when we haven't even got the automobile figured out yet.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 January 2020 9:27:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20