The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Global warming garbage.

Global warming garbage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 84
  15. 85
  16. 86
  17. All
After all, it is their rejection of anthropogenic global warming that has created the environmental crisis that we have been seeing daily on our TVs for the past two months.
Mr Opinion,
It's technical ignorance on behalf of the academic "experts' brigade that has created the environmental crisis. They're the guideline & policy makers, not the pragmatists in society who are constantly side-swept by the theory pushers.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 2 January 2020 10:05:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

NO ......... YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG.

It is you and all the other global warming deniers who are responsible for the current environmental crisis in Australia.

It is you and your mates who have been telling people to keep burning fossil fuels and not to worry about its consequences because you tell people that it is not the burning of fossil fuels that has been causing the rise in mean global temperature over the past 240 years.

You and your denier mates are the guilty ones. Don't try covering up for your guilt by pushing the blame onto someone else.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 2 January 2020 10:16:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Come on mate. You have posted predictions which the authors themselves said were highly unlikely and the climate scientists they interviewed said were EXTREME yet here you are saying “Still not a single useful idiot with anything to say about the failed ridiculous predictions.”

Any idiot should be able to understand that ridiculous predictions will likely fail, but not you it seems.

Go find another dead horse to flog my friend because this one is glue already.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 2 January 2020 10:17:47 AM
SteeleRedux,

What do you think of putting Hasbeen on a list of environmental criminals for his complicity in global warming denialism?

He has been guilty of telling people that the burning of fossil fuels is not the cause of the rise in mean global temperature over the past 240 years. This is a serious crime against humanity and is the cause of the current environmental crisis in Australia.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 2 January 2020 10:46:14 AM
I know there can never be consensus on ANYTHING, because humans are flawed, emotional beings.
Too many take subjective and idealistic views and attitudes.
I prefer the only view, and that is of being pragmatic and objective, free of emotion.
As the definition of pragmatic explains, it is one who is of "the belief of real world applications of ideas, and not the opposite, which is the belief of abstract notions".
GW, CC and the greens all come under the heading of abstract notions.
All believe in something they have no true and clear knowledge or understanding about.
Their premise is that by taking a few facts, it tells the whole picture.
I instead, ask questions, for example; these 'facts' we keep hearing so much about, when and where were they taken?
What time of day, and what exact location?
You see, if you take a smog reading in the middle of LA at around 4:00pm, it will read the complete opposite at 4:00am.
So this is just one of the reasons this GW, CC thing is not as serious as we are told.
Oceans rising, not true, the land is sinking, in those areas.
Oceans warming, as in and around the North Pole, correct, due to a
sub-terrain hot-spot being closer to the surface than usual.
And the list goes on.
Look, it's simple, it is generally known that people profit from markets rising as well as markets falling.
This is no different.
I am just not worldly enough nor detective enough to have uncovered the true reasons behind this fraud/fallacy.
But I have discovered the who and for now that is enough, for me to say that this whole thing is a very big and exaggerated lie!
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 2 January 2020 10:47:11 AM
Hey Altrav,
"Either way, I would feel trapped by the very nature of the structure or design, not to mention the threat of a complete depletion of oxygen when your in the centre of a huge fire, which could outlast the oxygen in the bunker."

Well, I'm willing to admit it may not be 'the best plan',
- But at least it's 'a plan'.

And it addresses both sides of the issue of what must be done to improve the current situation.
One the one hand, we act to ensure the safety of the people;
(including their ability to protect themselves)
On the other we act to fight the fires more safely and effectively.
(from the air)

The bunkers are certainly not that lavish in their standard form, but maybe if you keep to basics they could be fitted out with some minor improvements that greatly increase the comfort of the occupants, maybe?

If we applied some 2020 technology,
You could just use a large 3D printer to print out the moulds;
And other machines to fill the moulds;
Use aircrete for example if it has reduces construction, wage and transport costs.
http://designbuzz.com/8-reasons-why-aircrete-needs-to-replace-concrete-in-construction/
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 2 January 2020 10:58:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14