The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Win for Women

A Win for Women

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
' I do believe according to your creed you burn in hell for lying.'

Actually the creed most Greens believe is that lying is ok but burning coal is a sin. At least get your doctrine right.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 4:47:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"As a male, I fully support the rights of women to be treated equally and fairly, and like all in society treated with respect."

I also support women being treated equally and fairly;
But you should take careful note of the word 'fairly'
'Fairly' doesn't necessarily mean 'respect' will automatically be freely given, and given unconditionally.

'Fairly' means what you do for one you do for the other.
With that in mind, 'respect' it should be noted is a two way street, and you have to give it to get it.

- If you don't give it you should not expect to get it in return -

Whilst it is good to treat others the way you'd like to be treated, Nobody actually 'owes' anyone else respect, because respect itself is earned.

Have you heard the phrase 'to earn one's respect'
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 5:36:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Firstly, I wonder why there is inadequate recording of what our representatives say in parliament.
I think firstly we the public have a right to know exactly what Hanson-Young said in Parliament to provoke Leyonhjelm into making his comments in response.
Why is there no audio?

In the fashion with which Hanson-Young made her 'men need to stop raping women' comment in parliament;
I think it's reasonable that many man might have taken her comments as an attack on all men in general (by not specifying otherwise), and that Hanson-Young in her heated snidely comment was acting like Leyonhjelm himself was a rapist.

I'm not bothered that he defended himself, in fact I support him doing so but did he take it too far?

He said she should "stop shagging men".
This response is reasonable if he misheard her and believed she either said or implied 'all men are rapists'.
It doesn't necessarily imply she's promiscuous any more than it assumes she has an active sex life from having a current partner.

She has said many other defamatory comments against men in general publicly.
I think the misandrist and
Also she's no little princess to act like he REALLY offended her.

http://youtu.be/3KKLN4J6gXc
http://youtu.be/7HfBwVee6Ao

I certainly don't think she deserved $120,000

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-25/sarah-hanson-young-wins-defamation-case-against-leyonhjelm/11734322
"Instead, it is likely that the respondent 'heard' that which he was predisposed to hear by reason of his pre-existing opinion of the applicant as someone who made 'collectivist' statements," Justice White said.

I ask was his pre-existing opinion of Hanson-Young as someone who made 'collectivist' statements' not without merit?

Look here:

Sarah Hanson-Young: Men are "morons and pigs"
http://youtu.be/UicmJWUgPdE
Senator Sarah Hanson-Young believes all men are collectively responsible for violence against women.

I think the judge was wrong and that it isn't just Leyonhjelms opinion but an established fact.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 5:40:06 PM
* I think the 'misandrist' and 'hypocrite' comments by Leyonhjelm were justified.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 5:43:25 PM
Paul,

"...include a failed attempt to have the Adler lever action shotgun legally imported into Australia,"

See Horsley Park Gun Shop
http://www.horsleyparkgunshop.com.au/category/151-adler

Plenty of new Adler guns there.

Way back in the OLO archives is a post from me saying that the ex-Senator is a dangerous man.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 5:53:46 PM
Hi Issy,

That's right, the gun freaks through the Australian chapter of the NRA, the SSAA, along with the help of a few demented politicians, The Mad Katter for one, this Leyonhjelm grub was another, continue to white ant John Howard's robust gun laws at every opportunity.

Well what can I say, the next Martin Bryant or Ivan Milat will know what gunnie hangout in Horsley Park to go to for the guns they require.

Just on an old thing we discussed, remember that 'Jelly firing Gun Shop' here in Brisbane. After community protests the shop now has blinds around the glass pulled down all day. To be fair, I know many gun owners are responsible people, but this shop seems to have attracted a collection of "Weirdo Rambo's". These strange guys, mostly dress in battle fatigues, hang around the shop, outside leaning up against beat up old cars and 4WD. Very strange fellas me thinks. Your opinion?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 27 November 2019 4:56:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy