The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Win for Women

A Win for Women

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
In the Federal Court yesterday, Justice Richard White found in favour of Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young, awarding her $120,000 over defamatory comments made by former Senator David Leyonhjelm. Justice White said; "I have also accepted that the respondent (Leyonhjelm) was actuated by malice in that he published his claim concerning the applicant to a mass audience with the intention of publicly shaming her."

Sarah Hanson-Young statement; When men do the wrong thing, they should apologise. Most men do. But when they don’t they should be called out. It’s for every woman & girl who’s been told or made to stay silent in the face of harassment and disrespect that I took legal action. Today’s ruling is a win for them.

As a male, I fully support the rights of women to be treated equally and fairly, and like all in society treated with respect. Hopefully Leyonhjelm and others who think it is okay to degenerate a person publicly just because that person is a woman will learn something from this court ruling.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 9:01:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What did he expect ? See where an inflated belief in one's own intelligence can get you ? Stupid man.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 9:38:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree the man is an idiot, good out come
Foxy not around? hope she is ok
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 10:54:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm neutral on this one. I can't decide which is the bigger idiot.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 10:57:44 AM
not very smart thing to say. Greens have said as bad if not worse as anyone however are slimy/smart enough to say it under parliamentry privilege.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 11:54:21 AM
I just hope she donates this money to a worthwhile charity, (like domestic violence) but no doubt Sarah halfwit young will keep it for herself
Posted by kirby483, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 2:01:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy