The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Failing Australian Economy

The Failing Australian Economy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. 18
  14. All
ttbn,

it's all about perception. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 1 December 2019 11:24:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Misopinionated,

Even with your 1-cent, 10-yr-old, brain, I don't know how you could conclude that I and other posters were somehow pro-China: I certainly see it as a potential invader, a predator state verging on fascism, and would suggest that they have only ten or twenty years at most to do their worst before other factors kick in, especially population stasis and perhaps decline, and emigration from China all around the world.

Of course, being a young, naive person, most likely a standard unthinking Anglo, you probably confuse pretty much all Asians, especially East Asians, and perhaps even Latin Americans, with all-being-Chinese. You'll learn more as you progress through your studies.

As well, as you will discover if you do study sociology and social geography later, once you've finished Year 10 and then Year 12, people on the streets are not necessarily a typical sample of the total population: certain groups, students, pensioners, women without access to cars - tend to use public transport, and therefore are more likely to be on the streets. Students in the cities tend to use the streets socially more than others, especially overseas students. And of course, pensioners between 9 am and 3 pm, when public transport is free (at least in Adelaide).

Give yourself time, don't rush it. Hopefully you will learn much in the next twenty years.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 1 December 2019 11:54:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's interesting how the pro-Chinas on The Forum are now trying to deny things at a time when Chinese agents are coming out of the woodwork and all of a sudden it's looking unfashionable to be seen as someone ready to shore up the position of the Chinese in Australia.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 1 December 2019 12:15:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Misopinionated,

If you ever study Sociology (Google can give you a brief definition), you will discover that Chinese have been in Australia for around two hundred years. Certainly Chinese miners were working in South Australia from around 1850, inter-marrying - my kids have just such a gr-gr-gr-grandfather, a Hokkien. My step-dad knew his local Chinese market gardener very well. Chinese have made up most of the vibrant life of Darwin for well over 130 years.

My first lovely girlfriend, my best mates, one who taught me to jive. So I have very great admiration and affection for Australian Chinese.

Of course, back in those days, the 1950s, Australian Chinese couldn't become citizens. But they took that in their stride, they didn't let it get to them.

Go for it. Show us your racist streak :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 1 December 2019 12:35:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth,

They taught you how to jive in the 1950s! Right on Elvis, you're man!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 1 December 2019 12:43:30 PM
Mr. O,

You clearly have the reading comprehension skills of a duck if you think am pro-China. You must have missed the remedial English classes prior to starting your Mickey Mouse 'degree'.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 1 December 2019 2:36:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17