The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia slipping further into China's sphere of influence

Australia slipping further into China's sphere of influence

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
Dear ttbn,

There was a snippet from an interview with a visiting Chinese academic on The Insiders this morning in which the academic said that China would attack Australia immediately if war broke out between China and the US.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:23:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mr Opinion,

A leading pro-Beijing academic would say that.
Of course he would be warning Australia not
to back the US and rely on being saved by
America if there was a conflict between China
and the US. He's protecting his own interests.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:32:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

I can tell the difference between Chinese and other Asians and I can tell you that Chinese outnumber the rest of the Asians put together. Simple way to test what I am claiming is for people to pay a visit to Sydney and spend a few days travelling around on the public transport system and do their own assessment. If you can tell me how to upload photo images into my posts I will gladly show you typical street scenes from across Sydney which will validate what I am saying.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:32:06 AM
Dear Foxy,

I know it's political rhetoric but he did say it and I believe he was echoing the thought system of the Chinese Communist Party. The Japanese tried to capture Australia in the early days of the Pacific War because Australia was part of the British Commonwealth which was at war with its Axis allies. So similarly its only to be expected that China would attack the allies of the US. Difference between Australia in 1941 and Australia in 2019 is that in 2019 the enemy is already inside the gate.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:42:12 AM
Check the Australian Department of statistics, you will find claims of 50 percent just plain wrong
Sydney probably has more than any other city
But remember more Greeks live in Melbourne than Greece
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 29 September 2019 12:00:41 PM
Hi Mr O, I spent many years travelling the public transport system of Sydney. In that time my observation was the vast majority of Asians using the system were younger people, I assume mostly students from UTS or Uni of NSW. The bigoted attitude of some Australians towards migrants is not new, post WWII with its influx of "wogs" (an offensive word in common use for many years to describe migrants of Southern European origin) was rampant. According to some these new arrivals wanted to turn Australia into a "little Italy" or some such thing. These new arrivals were guilty of "taking our jobs" as well as "buying up all the houses". As for locating themselves, the Italians were in Leichhardt, and the Greeks had taken over Marrickville. So what's new?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 30 September 2019 7:23:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All