The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia slipping further into China's sphere of influence

Australia slipping further into China's sphere of influence

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Mr O weirdly informing me you do not in fact understand the subject
One seat in Sydney, held by a Chinese woman, has twenty percent Chinese
Not 50 percent
Now we, as America wishes, are to be its helper in trying to bring the Pacific country's under our banner
We, unlike the Chinese, go with nearly empty pockets
We are facing true danger from China, and it is even worse because we are siding with Americas worst ever leader
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 29 September 2019 6:40:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr O, it all depends where you are counting the heads. Now if its down Hurstville way then its more like 95%, but of course if you are up in Bondi Junction you might thing you are in Tel Aviv, no where near Beijing.

Maybe the Chinese influence in Aussie might have something to do with the $27 billion they spend in our shop, buying our dirt, each year.

When living in Sydney we often shopped in the Chinese butchers in Hurstsville. There you could obtain such delights as pigs intestine, pigs jelly, wont say what it is, other than its red and congealed, the essential ingredient in 'Black Pudding'. Nothing like a 'Boil Up` of "soft" pork bones, with greens and dough boys. The wife said, unfortunately with these days of political correctness she has had to replace missionaries with pork bones in her 'boil Up', the good wife often laments, oh! how the good things in life have gone by the wayside! No longer being able to chew on a bit of the Captain Cook, I suppose you feel the same Mr O? Strangely the old women behind the counter in the butcher shop couldn't speak a word of English, and the wife couldn't speak a word of Cantonese, but between her chop chop in Maori and much gesturing, and hand waving she always got what she wanted.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 29 September 2019 7:39:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Mr Opinion;

I went to Sydney 2 years ago and saw if for myself.

I'm not sure that your 'every second person in Sydney is Chinese' holds precisely true.

- But from what I saw as I traveled through the 'city' by rail from the airport to the western suburbs;
Seeing the mixture of people as they waited on the train platforms;
It was definitely every second person, and maybe even more in some places.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 29 September 2019 9:44:17 AM
Dear Armchair Critic,

Thank you for letting us know what you saw. I come from the northside of Sydney Harbour where I reckon the average is 1 in 2 people in the area are Chinese. Keep in mind this includes Chinese Australian citizens who migrated here, Australians of Chinese descent, Chinese migrants holding permanent residency visas, Chinese students, and lastly Chinese tourists. The figures that our resident statistician mhaze likes to cite from the ABS to claim that there is only 1 in 20 that are Chinese are those belonging to the group of 1.2 million Chinese Australians. mhaze won't give us numbers for the other four groups simply because he wants to hide the overall numbers.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 29 September 2019 10:46:19 AM
China could be the same threat to Australia that the European Union was for the United Kingdom, because the communist dictatorship is counting on Australia, the Pacific Islands and SE Asian countries falling under its influence.

China will soon have to bring Hong Kong to heel. It is unlikely that the CCP will keep its promise to allow HK autonomy and an independent judiciary for another two decades (2047); and who is going to stop them? The entire Western world allowed them to take over the South China Sea despite the fact that the aggressive act was contrary to international law.

Just recently, Qantas cravenly stopped referring to Taiwan as the Republic of China (ROC) because Communist China didn't like it.

In August 2019 the Chinese Ministry of Education arrogantly demanded that Academics at the University of Technology Sydney provide their passport numbers and dates of birth, in order to be able to continue to teach a joint Chinese-Australian course at that university. The demand was treated with the contempt it deserves.

Further recent demands from Beijing include one that Australian MPs like Andrew Hastie be stopped from criticising China. Malcolm Turnbull's rare show of courage regarding China was ranted against.

Australia needs to start distancing itself from the communist bully. Trade only should be the rule. Chinese society and politics are anathema to us. We have nothing in common.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:01:44 AM
Why do people always assume that every Asian they see
is Chinese? And why are they so surprised to have
Asian people on this continent?

Our continent is south of Asia. Asians have been visiting
northern parts of this continent long before the Europeans.
Asians that we see today come from various parts of Asia
not just China. Admittedly some Asians do look Chinese
just like some Brits look European (joke).

BTW: I'm not surprised that if you walk the streets of
Sydney particularly in the tourist areas you will see many
Chinese. The same as if you travel to the outback
you'll see our Indigenous people.

Also noet that there is a thriving tourist trade between
Australia and China. And 2 most popular destinations
are the Gold Coast and Sydney.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:10:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy