The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. ...
  14. 27
  15. 28
  16. 29
  17. All
Dear Paul1405,

It's good that you raised the point that what our PMs do can sometimes have international political ramifications. I have just read some of what the Chinese state media has said in it's praise of ScuMo's handing of the Liu debate. The Chinese Communist Party through this media release is using the Liu debacle as a weapon against America, suggesting that the Australian government is showing support for China's position in the trade war by advocating the acceptance of Gladys Liu as an MP.

What is ScuMo going to do here? Is this the point where he has to declare whether he is with the US or with China? He now has 1.2 million Chinese Australians looking at him with the expectation that he will throw his support behind their ancestral motherland China. (Keep in mind that in addition to this 1.2 million Chinese Australians there are also those other Chinese in Australia viz Chinese with permanent residency visas who are not Chinese Australians but in fact Chinese and the Chinese born in Australia who are not Chinese Australians but are Australians. That's a lot of Chinese who have empathy for their ancestral motherland in one form or another.) And now the Chinese Communist Party is using them through the agency of the LPN government to attack America's position in the trade war.

I'm sure Trump and his cabinet are watching to see what ScuMo is doing and I fear that if Liu doesn't go then the US will.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 18 September 2019 9:38:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So why is China supporting Mrs Lui ? If she is an Australian citizen
and she cannot have other than Australian citizenship and be an MP,
then it must be because she is of Chinese ancestry.
Or could it be that the Central Kingdom considers her to be a Chinese citizen ?
I think it is as simple as that.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 18 September 2019 10:04:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The question now resolves into what is the status of an MP who says
they are not a Chinese citizen but China does not accept that declaration ?
Can that MP remain an MP ? Is there a precedent ?
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 18 September 2019 10:08:59 AM
If the Yanks were to take another $20 billion in Aussie exports, we could love them just as much as we love the Huna Muna's.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 18 September 2019 10:13:52 AM
Also keep in mind that if Liu is forced to resign it will probably mean that a whole lot of votes from Australia's Chinese will flow to the Labor Party in future elections, which of course would be absolutely devastating for the LNP at the next election plus it would probably happen at the State level as well.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 18 September 2019 10:21:56 AM
Foxy

I am not defending Glady's in any shape or form. I have been all along making the point that many people including Politicians have affiliations with dubious organisations. How many Labour pollies have affiliation with the getup clowns, CFMEU and Antifa thugs. How many of our unis continue to be dumbed down by the influence of Chinese money and ties with the Confucius institute. Many Chancellors of unis are far greater traitors than a naïve woman in the Liberal party who has done nothing illegal. Yes I would prefer not to have the communist influence but I suspect the issue with this woman is 99% local politics.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 18 September 2019 10:59:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22