The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. 29
  11. All
Dear Foxy,

You said:

As Michelle Grattan tells us - on a benign view,
Liu's story may be simple, as the Prime Minister
wants us to believe - a woman from Hong Kong who
overcame obstacles to get where she is. The ultimate
have-a-go to get-a-go narrative.

This is why I referred to her as a Manchurian Candidate. What if those who helped her lift herself from an ordinary background and into the Australian parliament turn out to be none other than the members of the Chinese Communist Party. Good Lord, what if this was the case and she managed to become Prime Minister of Australia! All with the backing of the Chinese Communist Party.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 13 September 2019 3:21:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mr Opinion,

Your concerns are understandable and I'm sure that
many would agree with you. Of course her reluctance
to admit her link to several CCP organisations when
interviewed by Andrew Bolt (the company one keeps
is relevant) was concerning. She now claims that she's
resigned from those organisations, and Mr Dutton
assures us that both the PM and himself would not
support her if there was any doubt about her loyalty.

I guess we have to wait and see what develops next
before we begin to panic. As Barnaby Joyce told
Alan Jones - the Gladys Liu situation is precisely
why we have ASIO.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 13 September 2019 3:33:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Have you seen the movie The Manchurian Candidate? I prefer the first Frank Sinatra-Lawrence Harvey version over the later Denzel Washington-Liev Schreiber remake.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 13 September 2019 3:41:56 PM
runner highlights how far removed he is from both reality and the very base of Conservative politics
Remember the yellow peril? the red menace, both used by Conservatives endlessly
Morrison did a Donald Trump today, lied, he said he never called a Labor member shanghai what ever
This woman lied she is unfit to be in our parliament
She did not have a weak interview, she was trapped it to telling the truth
This truth will not go away China is planning a war, wants to rule us at least, this woman seems to be working for that too.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 13 September 2019 3:54:24 PM
Misopinionated,

And some of us have read the book too. Please don't use the phrase 'Manchurian Candidate' again, it's not particularly clever. It's something that crossed the minds of most of us immediately this schemozzle started. But wow ! you've seen the film, or one of them. And you made the connection ! Genius !

It's unbelievable that anybody in Ms Liu's position wouldn't have done due diligence checks on any organisations that she was seeking to become a member of.

Right-wing, me ? I was a Maoist for twenty years, and a Marxist for maybe forty. I wouldn't vote for Trump in a fit. But if it pleases your little mind to categorise people easily as either-or, one-or-the-other, I-don't-have-to-think-about-it, then go ahead.

As you grow up, you'll learn that sometimes the world is not clear-cut, differences of opinion can be quite complex and not everybody should have to give a sh!t about you. Sorry for the bad news.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 13 September 2019 3:58:06 PM
Dear Belly,

I totally agree with you. And Scumo knows she has to go as well. He's just more concerned about losing the numbers in the house of reps than he is about dumping Liu.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 13 September 2019 3:59:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. 29
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy